Brotherhood of Makuta: Cenred

Name: Cenred
Kanohi: Ifriti, Great Mask of Rage
Assigned region: None
Weapons: Dual Axes, Shadow Sword

Cenred is one of many Makuta who was betrayed by Teridax.
He was an extremely powerful Makuta who was a fierce fighter, partly because of his Kanohi Ifriti, the Great Mask of Rage. This mask allowed Cenred to become enraged in battle and become unstoppable. (of course, that was actually the Void doing that but he didn’t know.)
Cenred never made any Rahi on his own, but helped create many.
He was often considered more a Rahi than a Makuta by his brethren, which he would often take as a compliment. He often used his axes for range and his sword for melee. His mask has been fused to his face because of Hordika Venom.

Enough about story (which I am terrible at :laughing:)
Here’s the pictures.

Obligatory pose

Obligatory other pose

ANOTHA ONE (I spelled that wrong didn’t I :joy:)

Just obligatory close ups

Axes and swords

Obligatory side view

Obligatory back views

Comparison to Toa of Water (not final MoC)

Head removed

I hope you enjoyed this thing
K bye (constructive criticism is appreciated!)

23 Likes

Pretty, good.
I like the red accents.

1 Like

The grey Rahkshi feet on the legs look out of place with all of the silver, the back looks odd with a lack of silver, and the MOC could use some more trans-orange. But other than that, the MOC is amazing.

2 Likes

I’d redesign the things. They don’t look natural. The hands looks oversized as well, but that’s really all I have to complain about.

Coolio, but all I can think of the trans chain being is Lava snot. I’ve seen too many Glorp corp Mixels

1 Like

@Hutere_the_Toa_of_Air Thank you!
@Oniwah Thanks for the criticism! I will probably do that.
@ToaSonus I’m not sure I know what the things are… but I will update them.
@Omega_Tahu I kinda agree actually. :laughing: Probably gonna fix that.

4 Likes

Seems a tad bit clunky or cluttered for that matter. Seems to fit a dark hunter, personally.

Blasted autocorrect. Thighs. Change them.

I really like how u built the head.

While he does remind me more of a Dark Hunter than a Makuta because of the head, that doesn’t really look like a mask, I’m still okay with it.

Let’s see … lava snot got already mentioned … upper legs could perhaps use some smoother kind of armoring to fit better in.

Did I already mention, that I like the head quite much? Nice job there.

As to the backstory … well there hardly is enough to get anything wrong, is there? :wink:
If you’re okay with me making up a “proper” backstory for him (based on the information you gave here, of course) for the “Book of the Brotherhood”, it’s enough.
Since another MOC for this project also wears a mask of Rage, I’ll use the name “Ifriti” instead of “Dulrak” for the mask of Rage, though.

Anyways, thanks for participating! MOC accepted!

@SwagMeister I personally think it looks more like a Makuta but it does seem more like a dark hunter now that I look at it. :sweat_smile:
@ToaSonus Autocorrect is stupid. Anyway when I made the thighs I wasn’t great at custom builds, but I’ve gotten better so will do.
@Toakopaka8943 Thank you!
@Gilahu Oh, didn’t know there was a Mask of Rage already. Whatever, anyway go ahead and write a “Book of the Brotherhood” entry since I am terrible at story writing. And I’m gonna probably fix the upper legs. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Toa_Distraxx

I’ve been behind-the-scenes helping Gilahu with said entry for this guy for a few days now, and I gotta say he’s really coming together. The bullish head is awesome, and while it looks similar to what’s on the Mata Nui Cow or Artahka Bull, with the black & orange take on it, the nose chain, and most distinctively, those skull spider leg horns… that’s a legit face. I do have one suggestion for it, though. I think it may be a little too flat on its top, and that the gray bushing in the middle stands out without saying much. You could, in theory take care of both these by possibly switching out the bushing for two of those 2-by-½ liftarms with axel holes, and then using a Metru foot through the new connection. Give it a try if you can, a’ight?

To the rest of 'im though- That armor job is sweeeet and I’m totally willing to pardon the dark gray Rahkshi feet- just a few months ago I was trying to create one of the non-canon Japanese Rahkshi Kaita in blue, brown and silver (meaning it’s have to powers of disintegration, fragmentation and chain lightning- can you say dynamo?) and made it to the very end of the build-- after doing inventory and everything, I looked at his hands… and realized that I forgot a silver Rahkshi foot for one of 'em. Except I didn’t. Because a silver Rahkshi foot is something that does not exist unless you paint it so. The model is currently sitting in my room with a silver Metru foot on one arm and the appropriate Rahkshi foot on the other. Best I can do. #thanksLEGO #hailDenmark

Texturing consistency in the armor is really effective for its simplicity. Cenred has a lot of raw power and that comes through in his build. Sword’s good too, that’s one of the cleverer uses of the Vorox armor that I’ve seen. It works well.

That’s my whole impression of the MOC, really. It works well. I wanna build one.

1 Like