Brotherhood of the Makuta Project Artwork

I’m probably repeating myself by now, but these look absolutely amazing.

Just looking at these pictures makes me imagine other epic scenes of the Brotherhood’s history in your style… the Makuta rising from the Antidermis pool… the Convocation… the sack of Artakha… Ornek’s death on Zakaz… the Makuta dieing in the energy storm in Karda Nui…

Thanks again for these wonderful artworks!

4 Likes

I love your interpretations of the unaltered Makuta, Miserix and Krika in particular. The various locations on Destral presented here are very close to how I envisioned them in my head: unnatural and eerie. The ruined Destral in particular is quite a marvel to look at.

It’d be cool to see your interpretations of the other Makuta not featured here (Vamprah, Kojol, etc).

Thanks all!

…and that’s just from behind. :grin:

My pleasure. :relaxed:

I might draw more of them in the future; it all depends on what my school workload looks like. Definitely going to do mutated Krika at some point first, though.

3 Likes

Are the illustrations in the Book of the Brotherhood going to be done in this style as well?

I haven’t been involved with the Book of the Brotherhood so far, but if they want I suppose they could commission me for it.

1 Like

These are great! But I have one question: Are all these canon, or are some fan made (I’ve never heard of a Jarnat, Vadkanda, Netrux, Irutra, Nebunie, or Mazla.)

A fair number of them are fan-made, as far as I know. The goal of the project was to create all 100 of the brotherhood’s original members, but I think less than 20 in total were actually revealed in canon.

3 Likes

What project?

3 Likes

I remember first seeing these and being blown away, and it’s still absolutely stunning. I really can’t thank you enough for all you’ve contributed to our project, Scorp.

1 Like

Weeeeeell… If you’re willing to draw 100 pictures, one for every one of the 100 Makuta, I definitely won’t say no :wink: They would surely turn out much better than my rather… humble attempts.

You remember when I told you about a… “special idea” for a picture?
Well, when I decided to draw the whole Brotherhood of Makuta myself, my first idea was a group picture of all 100 Makuta together - I simply can’t manage that in a way that looks good, however, so I went over to drawing all Makuta individually. Also it’s rather… impossible to plan a group picture without knowing how half of that group looks.

I still think that a group picture would be incredibly awesome, though - I have something roughly similar to this picture of characters from the Asterix comic series in mind:

Once the project is finished it would be extremely awesome to have such a picture and it being good.
So, yeah, that would be the thing I would eventually propose to you if you’re interested. It’s probably a quiet difficult task, but the eventual outcome…

@TheDarkFlame

Search for them in the Lego Creations category

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

Wow, these looked stunning. I am positively blown out of my seat. The art style has clearly been well defined and fine tuned to look the best it possibly could.

Amazing work.

1 Like

Well, I like to think there’s always improvement possible, but thanks anyways. :grin:

This is so amazing. - I would love if you helped @Gilahu out with the project. - I certainly loved making my first Makuta and (the still unfinished, for two months promised) Makuta.

I’m so glad for all the talented people we have working on this thing.

3 Likes

I am quite impressed. Excellent reprentations of the makuta.

2 Likes

Love your artwork, keep up the good work!

I can’t believe I just found these! Miserix looks amazing–your interpretation of the mask I used in the MOC is awesome! You should absolutely do more of these! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

@Scorpion_Strike thought you might be interested to know, your art is currently featured on the Brotherhood of Makuta page on the Villains Wiki

3 Likes

Have they mistaken it for official artwork?.. :no_mouth:

1 Like