BZP filter made these pronunciations incorrect, help?

Hello Greg!

I have some questions about the pronunciations for BS01
(I’m one of the editors of the wiki since July, 2015, and not the kind of person who filled your “Chat with Greg Farshtey” LMB topic with things which had no connection to BS01)

1. MAH-renn-DARR or mah-renn-DARR? (BZPower filter made it: “my-renn-DARR” - Official Greg Questions topic)
  2. MAH-hee or mah-hee? (BZPower filter made it: “my-hee” - Official Greg Dialogue topic)
  3. my-NEW-tree or MY-NEW-tree or mah-NEW-tree or MAH-NEW-tree? (BZPower filter made it: “my-NEW-tree” - Official Greg Dialogue topic)
  4. TRY-new-MAH or TRY-new-mah or try-new-MAH or try-new-mah? (BZPower filter made it: “Try-new-mah” - Official Greg Questions topic)

I’m asking for these, because the BZPower had a filter that made the word “MAH/mah” into a lowercase “my,” if you remember.

I would like to add the correct pronunciations to the BS01, because we have a general not after the pronunciations above, which indicates that the given pronunciation could be wrong.

Thanks for your time!

Edited for double-post. --John Smith

4 Likes

Not sure I get what you are asking. I don’t know of any case where “ma” or “mah” would be pronounced “my” – it sounds like the filter is just wrong.

1 Like

I believe he is asking for the accurate pronunciation of the word and confirmation that BZP’s filter is a bit off.

Internet slang back in the day, for some reason, often used “mah” instead of “my”, so like “mah toys” and “mah lego bricks” instead of “my toys” and “my LEGO bricks”. BZP’s word filter corrected “mah” to “my” to stop this slang from being used, but the word filter didn’t understand context and replaced every instance of “mah” so it ruined the pronunciation guide that you gave them at some point several years ago.

So it’s just some pronunciation clarifications he’s wanting, about the inflections on the syllables. Specifically:

3 Likes

why are some of those in caps? is that your way of using accent marks?

Yes, because that’s how the pronunciations were written in the encyclopedia and in the encyclopedia updated. And on the BS01 (and if I’m right in the Official Guide to the Bionicle)

Yes, that would be the case since the very first post.

That’s how you notate accent marks in English, as a general rule.