Can Nobua be canon?

Hello Greg! In 2001, there was a PC game developed that was known as BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui. The game was never released to the public for various reasons. Recently, an alpha build of the game has been circulating around. In that build, there is a Matoran who appears nowhere else in any canon materials, an Onu-Matoran with a purple Hau named Nobua:

Is it possible that there could canonically be a Matoran with the same attributes? AKA, can this semi-canon character be fully canonized?

38 Likes

I’d imagine it’d be to the same extent as the MNOG Matoran, which aren’t actually canon unless they appeared in other media, since his pure existence doesn’t contridict canon (though his role in the game does).

2 Likes

We need more Matoran who introduce themselves whilst hanging upside down in the BIONICLE canon.

6 Likes

This must happen.

2 Likes

Yes, I do agree that we need Greg to dictate over this piece of media and have an explanation of the every single insect that appears in game. Otherwise there would be too many things left for the players own interpretation and we can’t possibly allow that.

4 Likes

This isn’t an explanation of anything though.
It’s the canonization of a character name.

1 Like

I think we should leave this game be when it comes to canonizing things and leave it to our own imaginations.

2 Likes

Since the game was never released, I have no idea if that name ever went through a legal check, so I can’t canonize it. I’m also leery of making a character official who was in a story LEGO Company decided not to tell.

11 Likes

I guess it can’t be helped then.

2 Likes

Hey, at least we still have Podu. :heart:

4 Likes