Canisters/Boxes/Bags Disscusion Topic

I love canisters

I personally liked them, and they are nostalgic. but the bags and boxes just make more sense.

1 Like

They had so many uses

I personally kept money in some of my canisters. XP. but for their single, main purpose. the bags and boxes work better.

1 Like

I keep my wallet in a bionicle canister. Bags and boxes are garbage to me

They may be garbage, but they are not meant to be much more then toy packaging. the Canisters had to go cause the sets were getting bigger.

Canisters had a greater meaning to them and they were part of the story which was AWESOME

Indeed, even in HF they did. I remember building a cardboard ship for my heropods. But as packaging, boxes and bags work better for legos’s current market.

1 Like

That sounds terrible…no offense or anything

none taken, it was a cardboard box with wings and a drop deck.

That sounds strange to me. So what bionicle canister from what year is your favourite then?

Phantoka. they were cool.

They had too much plastic to me and the mistika canisters were a pain in the butt to open, I think I almost broke my fingers trying to open them. I guess the canisters in 2008 were more durable than the pieces it was protecting.

2 Likes

For the first three years then the covers in 04,
After that nothing.

The problem with canisters is that they take away from the design and plastic budgets of a set.

The reason the newer sets are so much better is because they don’t waste their budgets on the packaging.

4 Likes

The 2007 canisters(toa mahri) allowed you to attach technic pin holes to them

2 Likes

aka BOXFORTS

7 Likes

I have seen some people actually use Bionicle canisters to make RC Lego boats.

2 Likes

http://www.bzpower.com/Imaging/stories/tahnokcan_frontopen.jpg
Nothing can match the awesomeness and playability that is the Bohrok canisters.

Sure 2001 Toa canisters have the Story significants and all the rest of the Toa canisters up to 2004 did something with their lids, but could you actually display the sets within the canisters all nice like with the Bohrok ones…only the Rakshi tried this once, but the Bohrok are the supreme.

7 Likes

Sadly, all of my canisters from pre-2011 were thrown out, but I have gotten 5 more since then. Luckily, my favorite is one of them. What are your favorites?

1 Like

I loved the Bohrok canisters, for not only could you store the Bohrok but they made for some great story reenaction and display pieces.

2 Likes