Can't change username

Dunno if this is normal or not- I just can’t seem to switch my username, and I remember being able to switch it in the past… It’s been a while since I’ve actually used the site- and I realize the mega-cringe of my current username, as one does, so I have a desire to change it up if that’s not an issue.

It’s been like this for a while. I think it has something to do with the code, but I can’t remember

Pm a mod to change your name.

1 Like

You’re only allowed to change your name once by yourself. If you want to do it 2 or more times you need to ask a mod.

Name changing got spammed a while back resulting in users being unable to change their own names in future.

A mod can change the name for you if you ask nicely i believe, however it would probably be a semi-permanent thing, in that you would’nt be able to get it change a lot.

1 Like

We’re aware of this bug. Currently, you should be able to change your username once a week. However, as you’ve no doubt noticed, this doesn’t really work. In the meantime, as others have said, PM one of us, and we’ll be glad to change it for you.

2 Likes