Captain America: Civil War Hype Thread (Spoilers in tags plz)

Updates
• Added cast list to first post
• Added imgur gallery to first post

1 Like

Basically Avengers, but Captain is the special snow flake with more screen time.

3 Likes

Um… not really.
It’s Ironman vs Captain America.

But still, you have almost all the Avengers in the movie, if the cast thing is right.

But that doesn’t make the movies the same…

How it wont be the same if it has almost all the Avenger cast in it?

No. It’s like making a Spider-Man episode with the sinister six. By your logic, the show should now be called Sinister Six because it features the sinister six. In reality, it should be called Spider-Man, and the EPISODE is called Sinister Six.

Because this is a Captain America-focused film, it will feature his name in the title. It’s focus is on the Civil War story, so that’ll be the tag-line (or episode title, if you will).

So altogether, it’s called Captain America: Civil War.

7 Likes

Well lets look at the plots:

Avengers: When a super villain starts causing trouble and is too big for one Superhero alone to handle the government gathers a team of Superheroes.

Civil war: When two Superheroes disagree about something that will affect all Superheroes they form sides and begin a huge Superhero “Civil war”

3 Likes

I see both sides of this;

• On the one side you have pretty much identical casts and it focuses around two teams of ‘Avengers’, so I can see the justification of believing Civil War to be an Avengers film. Some cast members have even referred to this as an Avengers film at one stage or another

• On the other side though it depends how the film itself chooses to focus, if it focuses intently around the character development and actions of Captain America then it would be more of a Captain America film. Even though the cast encompasses the Avengers, they may not be the focus

Personally I think it would have been a lot easier simply referring to this film as Civil War, rather than grouping this with the Captain America series, mostly because the prospect of Civil War didn’t really fit with the direction the Captain America films were going. While the series was focusing on him tracking down Bucky and defeating Hydra, its now changed more to him facing off against modern day political groups that have caused a split in different factions.

Either way you view it is fine as there is not really any right answer…

4 Likes
3 Likes

@TeslaEffect
There was really no need to post that video, especially given you’ve voiced your own thoughts. Not sure what sharing the video added to the discussion…

As for the sole thing that the video took five minutes to explain, he is mistaken if he believes a large cast will automatically ruin the movie. The current cast is smaller than films such as Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings or even certain TV shows such as Agents Of Shield. As such him ranting about how a slightly large cast automatically means that its going to suck or be an Avengers film is just nonsense.

4 Likes

Totally digging that logo.

1 Like

When your so ready for the movie but you read the book and know how its gonna end and then scream “CAPTAIN NO!” Also when you read the book and watch the movie only to lean over to your friend and go “This is the part where Iron man throw Captain over the edge and leaves him so Spiderman has to come in and save him.”

spoiler dude, spoiler you do it by using this [spoiler] [/ spoiler]

only don’t have a space between the / and s

and that’s probably not how it’s gonna end :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah one sec then

Question: Have you read the site rules yet? If you haven’t, please do so on this link.

2 Likes

so how do ya’ll think the bleeding edge armor will work in this movie?

Now I have

1 Like

Just a heads-up that things may change for the film, but would still advise not posting comic spoilers just encase. If you must post spoilers about the comics then I’d suggest using spoiler tags

Rather than an armour which comes from implants in skin, I think it’ll be a situation where his clothes somehow contain fragments of the armour that become the suit.

1 Like

So, here’s my two cents on the Spider-Man casting thing:

I really feel they should go for Butterfield. I know he’s very skinny and isn’t very attractive, but that’s the point. He’s perfect for Peter Parker!

Butterfield played a very good shy but smart kid in X=Y, and he’s apparently’s tall (5’10’’ fro what I looked up). Plus, he’d the ideal for Peter Parker. He can portray a nerd perfectly, had the widows peak that Spider-Man in the 60’s had, and he’s pretty scrawny (like a spider). Not to mention he’d be a good pick for the drama Peter Parker has to go through. The only thing I’m unsure about would be how well he would bring on the quips as Spider-Man, but if he gets cast, we’ll have to see.