Captain America: Civil War Hype Thread (Spoilers in tags plz)

Think they updated it - for spoilery reasons.

Hope that we see the Iron Spider suit instead of Spider-man’s normal costume, would help differentiate it from the other Spider-man appearances.

2 Likes

I would HATE to see Spider-Man in the Iron Spider suit though! His first cinematic appearance should be in his normal one.

Why’d you dislike that suit?

To me it’d make sense for him to have that, have him be inspired by the Avengers and the technical knowledge of Tony Stark. Have him use a similar suit technology to the ‘Bleeding Edge’ suit and then you’d have a Spider-man who can survive in a fight against characters like Black Panther, Vision, Captain America or the Winter Soldier.

Maybe have the classic suit appear, but i feel they cannot do much to make it stand out when compared to the other versions recently.

1 Like

It just feels so uninspired to me. It’s basically a red and gold version of his black outfit, plus some addition limbs that he didn’t even need. It’s so useless.

Except Spider-Man doesn’t need armor to begin with. He has his spider-reflexes and he’s pretty fast and flexible.

You see, I’d much rather see the original because Marvel said they were gonna make a new version of the original, plus it would be much better for audiences to recognize Spidey in the background when he’s around.

Also, I don’t think he’s gonna be in the big fights. If anything he comes across the fighting.

1 Like

Its more tech-based and is used as a representation of his allegiance to Iron Man in the comics. He starts off with his original suit, unmasks then kind of flip flops between the two groups even getting a suit made for him by Tony to help track down Cap.

I just think we’ve seen a couple of variations of the classic suit lately so wondering what else they can do to really add to it. It’ll just be the same classic style of suit with maybe slightly altered sizes of the eyes, different web patterns and potentially a slightly altered spider insignia. I mean from what we’ve seen of the potential costume for Civil War, its not looking too unique;

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12424497_963850197028879_792261623_n.jpg

This version being from merchandise from Civil War*

Yeah, agreed. Though this version is starting out so perhaps he is not as strong/trained as he’d normally be.

True, maybe not the big fights, though expect him to fight Captain America at some point.

1 Like

That’s already been confirmed.

But still, I doubt he’s gonna side with Tony or anything and get involved with fighting the other Avengers, so a Iron Spider suit would be pointless.

We’ll see, though remember they also have to try making the movie-going audience like/show interest in Spider-man so having him team-up with Cap or Stark would be an easy way to do it.

I’m pretty sure there will be interest in Spider-Man regardless of him teaming up or not.

2 Likes

I am obliged to now be #teamironman.

2 Likes

So, this new trailer is pretty cool. Cool to see Ant-Man here.

C’mon man.

I know he’s not in the movie or Marvel, but
#TeamBoosterGold all the way.

5 Likes

Tony is the most developed character throughout the entirety of the MCU, for good reason. This is just the latest development in his character progression. He’s taking responsibility for his actions, something that Iron Man 1 Tony would have never done. Ultron was a massive failure for him.

I don’t know if the Bleeding Edge armor will come from his skin, given what we saw in the Superbowl spot:

http://i.imgur.com/ofjMxns.gif

It’s very clear he’s putting part of that glove on. I don’t know if it’s part of the Mark 45 or Mark 46 armor; however, the Hot Toys version of the Mark 45 armor did have gold plating around the outside of the hand, which this glove does not bear.

Personally, I think it’s just an added extension of his device in Iron Man 3. But hey, if it syncs up with his new armor, why not?

5 Likes

That gif is mesmerizing…I can’t stop looking at it.

2 Likes

Kahi… Well that’s unexpected. Should I bow?
Joke.

Anyways. I get that this is the latest development for Tony, but I’m just not 100% convinced that this is the road his brain should take. I guess it makes more sense if you view it more as a, “I’m Tony Stark. I know what’s best, so don’t get in my way”, kind of a thing (Heh. Reminds me of myself). I agree that he is definitely the most interesting of all the characters.

######Mostly going off what we know from the film, though some speculation

Actually i think its more a personal matter of revenge - given Bucky killed his father. Tony never seemed to really acknowledge his flaws much in AoU, his way of making up for Ultron was by creating Vision and then he kind of quits the team presumably because the government have stated him responsible for the creation of Ultron. Staying with the Avengers would likely have made that reflect on the entire team and him departing from them gave them a chance at proving themselves (Which presumably messes up during the opening battle with Crossbones which is the final thing before the act is in place)

The Sokovian Accords (The ‘Registration act’ for this film) likely is designed to enforce control over the Avengers, but most particularly the acknowledgment that Tony Stark/Iron Man will be under more supervision and if he messes up then he’d be designated a fugitive. A similar sort of situation with the other Avengers. Part of this act will probably also be tied to villains being punished for their actions even after they become heroes, character such as Scarlet Witch for example would have to work for the government and having experienced that before would likely avoid it. The Winter Soldier would also fall under this category and be punished for his murders.

Its not entirely appearing to be Stark’s choice, at least not at the start. He’s being put on a leash via the Government and likely doesn’t fully support the pro-registration side until after this GIF you shared. The Winter Soldier appears to be trying to assassinate someone until Tony pulls the gun away. I’m guessing at this stage he is still partly brainwashed by Hydra or by the new villain for Civil War - Baron Zemo.

Who he is trying to kill is likely either Peter Parker (The editing seems to go to a length to hide who it is) or potentially Thunderbolt Ross who is a fairly high ranking supporter of the registration act. Either way, i feel this event is what forces Civil War to escalate and splits the group into teams.

#Cap’s Team

• Captain America would support Bucky as he is his friend and ally during the war along with his only connection to his prior life
  • Falcon would support Captain America as the two worked closely together in The Winter Soldier
  • Ant Man would also be on Captain America’s side as he believes in giving people second changes an aspect emphasised in his film
  • Hawkeye is a bit of a strange choice for Captain America’s side and is likely only here to fire Ant-Man on an arrow, however he also has ‘red on his ledger’ and would be punished for his actions during ‘The Avengers’
  • Scarlet Witch and Bucky are in the same boat, both former villains trying to get redemption which the registration act would not allow.

#Iron Man’s Team;

• Iron Man as mentioned prior is to blame for AoU and has not really faced consequences for his actions which will presumably be in the form of a tighter level of control regarding him.
  • War Machine is essentially the weapon of the government as demonstrated in Iron Man 3 when he was Iron Patriot, chances are he also helped convince Tony to join the pro-registration side explaining the consequences of not doing so.
  • Vision views all life as sacred and as such wants justice for those who have been villains. Though he killed Ultron he expressed regret about this and chances are that Thanos may also be manipulating events slightly via the Mind Gem.
  • Black Panther is an odd choice and is probably here primarily because of the massive loss of Vibranium from Wakanda.
  • Black Widow didn’t make sense to me at first, however then i realised that she still desires to have a clean slate. If linked with AoU it could also perhaps mean that she is trying to get good favours for the Hulk whose whereabouts are currently unknown.

#Not Shown;

• Spider-man kind of flip flopped in the comics however in this version I’m expecting him to be more of a passer-by caught in the chaos. Perhaps we’ll see him as the way of seeing how the registration act affects newly created heroes. Him being injured in the final battle could cause Captain America to realise that the conflict is helping neither side and to voluntarily stand down.
  • Sharon Carter was shown in concept art as being on Captain America’s side so I’m expecting her to be on that side in the film. Which would make sense as she supported Captain America in The Winter Soldier
  • Baron Zemo is essentially pulling the strings in my view, either to use the registration act to make it easier for his criminal activities or being opposed or simply unaffected by the act due to his status as a villain. Though i expect he is probably manipulating events.
  • Crossbones is just a gun for hire really, I’m guessing he is only here for the assassination of Captain America however he could also be partially motivated as anti-registration due to being a member of Hydra who now believes he has no other option than being a villain. He could even mention this to Captain America which could cause Cap to doubt the Sokovia Accords.
1 Like

Most definitely NOT!

Anyone see Ant Man’s new look? It’s pretty cool.

3 Likes

Dang Scar, your speculation is getting me even more hyped for this movie then I already am. I love how they’ve set up the character conflicts and motivations.

This is the one thing I don’t quite agree with. Since Vision views all life as sacred, wouldn’t he be up to giving former villains second chances as well?

Still haven’t see the original Ant-Man movie but his new (I guess) outfit looks pretty slick!

1 Like

The Japanese text made me think it’s a new Kamen Rider series

4 Likes

Ooh. I like that new Ant-Man suit. So much more sleek and fighting-fit.

I highly recommend Ant-Man.

1 Like

All the changes make sense, making him a lot more sleeker and agile given he’ll be changing size a lot presumably along with making it more the suit of a stealthy criminal. Other than some shoulder pads, slightly altered helmet and some colour swaps its a fairl good adaptation of the comic versions of the suit while improving on the previous film version.

http://f.blick.ch/img/incoming/origs4014665/3710147577-w980-h653/Ant-Man.jpg

Though I’m getting heavy Kamen Rider vibes (and I’m not even that familiar with Kamen Rider)

Honestly didn’t expect such an overhaul of the Ant-man suit and will be interested to see how this looks as Giant Man

The way I’m viewing it, he views all life as sacred so he’d want the villains punished or imprisoned. Remembering the act is less for the villains to be punished physically and probably something to do with large amounts of jail time and being publically labelled as previous villains. In his mind it would probably be a choice of having them under observation or running the risk of them killing or hurting others - could always be a Spock-like scenario where ‘the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few’

3 Likes