Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

It is pure stuipid comedy, and that is why it is great, tolite humor man

Oh dude, its not supposed to be smart. Believe me.

Yeah, that would be why you think that. Assuming that you’re not 8 years old right now.

Yeah, that’s the point of the character. To be incredibly idiotic.

The books were popular for a reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Now, the kid in me who read these books in elementary school is super excited.

But, will it have flip-o-rama? /s

Love how they put the Netflix and pop tarts song in the background

1 Like

Never read the books however I read the comments and you guys seemed to enjoy it. I watched the trailer. It looks good if you were/are a fan of the books.

Now, because I saw that trailer, I am 1% more dead inside

Nice

I read the books, knowing Dreamworks they´ll probably mess up somehow.

I did like how loyal they were to the designs and stuff. I feel like the movie would look better in a hand-drawn style, CGI doesn´t work for this too much IMO. Feels too bouncy.

1 Like

Welp

5 Likes

Still not going to watch it.

2 Likes

I’m quite surprised that Captain Underpants is getting these reviews. Maybe Dreamworks will start doing well again (albeit not likely :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

Gritting teeth voice. I read these books as a kid and kiiinda want to see it for nostalgia sake, but it’s kind of embarrassing. UUUGGGHHH! CAN’T I SEE A little kids… movie. I need help.

I mean, I’m an adult, and I watched it the other day, and even enjoyed it. If you’re really embarrassed about it, I’d watch it online – Netflix has it, if you have that.

~W12~

1 Like

It was absolutely insane and completely weird… So they got that aspect of the book down. I have a few gripes with the film, but honestly? It was a pretty fun watch, even as an adult.

Good movie, methinks.

2 Likes