Cars Series

The first one is very near and dear to my heart, because it was a massive part of my childhood. My dad and I saw it all the time when I was little. I liked the second one when it came out because I was ten and thought it was awesome because cars had machine guns but now it’s probably my least favorite Pixar movie next to the good dinosaur. But the third looks great.

2 Likes

[details=hd lego boxart]http://i.imgur.com/dCjX4Du.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X8WUyls.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xRiqnJu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/O7pTpeb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/66OQ2nD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XtMg3yF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zsihzUb.jpg[/details]

I don’t care about these sets, it’s just something from reddit.
Make sense for the Cars set to be Juniors, however the theme is known to be overpriced from Price-Per Piece ratio.

2 Likes

Boo

Cars should be an actual Lego theme

Although I may buy the sets just for the cars

1 Like

Why is it Juniors.

Why.

1 Like

Because there were only 2 kinds of people who buy the Lego cars set, Children and just2good.

1 Like

What if I want to buy LEGO Cars sets that aren’t Juniors?

1 Like

I think they made the line Juniors because most of the sets were pretty simple anyways, and the builds for the cars themselves were sort of Junior-y already.

And what Gokai Retto said

1 Like

I feel like It’s not worth makeing a whole new topic about this, but I want to discuss why Cars 2 isn’t as bad as people claim.

First off, probably the main reason people dislike it is because it’s completely different then the original movie. Other then that, I searched up on Internet, and could not find any other valid reason for why people don’t like it. But here is why I like this movie more then the original, and why it’s one of my favourite (if not my top favourite) Pixar film:

First off, I have to say, I LOVE SPY MOVIES. Seeing Pixar do a spy movie was something I never dreamed of. But then they done it… and it hit my heart. Even if you hate this movie, I don’t see how you can dislike the theme song:

Really, I am not going to lie, but I like this theme more then Mission Impossible theme!
Arguably this is one of Pixar’s best movie themes (My 2nd favourite probably being Incredibles)

Ok, now let’s get to my 2nd point: Mater
Another reason people don’t like this movie is beacuse, well… of Mater. But I will tell you this: Mater is a fun character that deserves his own movie. Seeing his character develop as the movie progresses was arguably good. And this movie helped Mater. I love his character, and seeing him take the main role was more fun then I could have expected…

And now… When I watch this movie, I don’t think of it as trying to be Cars. I am thinking of this movie as being a Spy Cars. You know the Planes movie, right? Well, I see this movie as rather being a stand alone Pixar film rather then a sequel.

And I can’t stop loving Finn McMissle. He is such a cool character… He is pretty much a Cars version of James Bond’s car, which It SO COOL. Seeing him always have a pair of Machine Guns at every moment is so much fun…
Also, Holley is a cool character as well.

I loved both of this characters, and to be honest, I was very disappointed when they didn’t make an appearance in Cars 3…

Now in the end, people say Cars 3 was better then this movie… But to be honest, Cars 3 was a boring unnecessary sequel to me. And seeing it so much ahead of Cars 2 kinda makes me angry. Cars 2 is miles better then Cars 3.

This movie is also very well made, keeping the quality of the Pixar movies. Again, this isn’t a bad movie by any means… It’s only the Cars fans who despise it, for not keeping the elements of the original Cars. If you saw this movie before the original, I guarantee you won’t dislike it.

As a conclusion, I can understand why people don’t like this movie as much as the other Pixar movies, but being regarded as the worst Pixar movie isn’t exactly the way to go… Even if you personally don’t like it, this movie itself isn’t bad in any way.

What do you personally think about this movie? If you hate it, can you please tell me why?

1 Like

How do I put this? Mater is like Sheen. He works as a comedic foil to the other characters (how well he does depends on the person) but take the other characters away and he becomes annoying.

isn’t that the point of being a sequel?

He’s a generic spy character

it’s both a bad movie and a bad sequel

The problem is it’s a sequel, it may have gotten an easier pass if it was a spin-off, but as a sequel it failed

1 Like

I personally think of it as being a spin-off rather then a sequel. Just a brand new adventure with the characters of the first Cars.
Also, this movie is not bad… the movie itself is well-made, keeping the quality of all the other Pixar movies. The only reason people hate it is because it’s different from what they know.

Let’s be honest… Was Cars 3 even relevant? At least this movie developed the character of Mater. What did Cars 3 do? Like McQueen didn’t had enough character development in the original film… So that movie was completely unnecessary…

Cars 3 is an entirely different argument.

Now, I haven’t seen Cars 2, but there are a few things I do know about it: for one, it’s called Cars 2. That means that it was intended as a sequel to the first Cars movie, not a spin off, and is held up to certain standards in building off the characters and themes of the first, as Ace has been saying. I can’t really comment on whether or not it failed on that front; like I said, I haven’t seen it. If you think of it as a spin off instead a sequel, though, I’d say that’s a pretty good indication that it failed as a sequel.

Even with that, I don’t think it really deserves as much hate as it gets. The movie itself, sequel or not, it’s pretty darn entertaining. Even if you watch it and hate it, I guarantee you won’t be bored watching it.

I do recommend this movie to everyone. If you love Racing and Spying, this is the perfect combination, and this is probably the reason I love it.

Three was good. Not as good as one. Two was waaaay off track (pun intended, but let’s be honest. Who wouldn’t want to take credit for a pun?) from the usual style. It was interesting but not nearly as good as the others imo

1 Like

That is my point. I like this movie for it’s interesting idea behind. But for most people, it didn’t work out as well…

Interesting isn’t good enough imo. You can have beloved characters and good ideas, but to be a good movie you have to blend the ideas well

I don’t know about other people, but they did blended well enough for me to like it…

I agree, I love the franchise (the second one was the worst but I like them all)

1 Like

Cars 2 maybe the weakest but it’s nowhere near as bad as most people would say.
(Unpopular opinion but I think it’s actually the best Cars movie)

I love the film! Also Lego Cars was basically racers but licensed

They were way to blocky for me, I don’t really like them to be honest (not because they are licensed but because they are way to blocky for me)