Cataclysm

“I’m afraid I must correct you on something you said earlier.” Dr. X said as he carefully continued to scale down the cave.

As they wen’t further down their limbs began to feel heavier

#“correct away baby”
comes the voice with a tone that could be described as almost flirtatious

“I am no automaton.” He said as he cranked up the harvester, “I’m an Infinite…I was an infinite…now, I’m some kind of ghost that hasn’t died and become one with Xalnergy.”

#“oh like that messenger you found? a glorified hologram? like that?”

“No, I am real, I am not some illusion.” Dr. X said, “I have lived in isolation for eons and have found that destiny is not set in stone and that we have the power to change it with our own hands.”

#“well of course destiny isn’t set in stone, it’s a concept made up by you beings. or is it?”

“Whatever your stance is on the subject, I need the AN in order to affect this change.” He said as he cranked up the harvester even more.

#“you might want to leave right now then.”

“Indeed.” He said as he began to ascend, “I’m starting to weaken, I suggest you do the same if you’re also feeling this way.” He told the angels. (@Mctoran)

As he neared the mouth of the cavern he would discover two things, one: the harvester despite showing nothing, was at a dangerously high capacity and two: there was carbon dioxide and oxygen in the tunnel, there was respiration happening down there

Dr. X activates the containment function of his harvester and shuts off the harvesting systems to prevent the thing from overloading.

He calls for the angels to get out of the cave ASAP. (@Mctoran)

1 Like

The angels, after having finished harvesting as well, flew out of the cave with their wings.

Mark sighed, realizing that things would probably never be the same between then again.

“Well, in any case, good to have you back.”

The figure stared at them for a bit longer before lazily raising their hand in a thumb’s up position.

1 Like

Dr. X scrambles out of the cave and enters the craft, putting the harvester into the AN trap to store the Energy within it.

1 Like

The Trap jitters ominously for a bit before settling down, it also become translucent and 38.5% lighter

1 Like

@TBT_Emerald
“Right. Now if all the reunion is out of the way here,
we must advance into the next realm.” Michael said, as he approached the next barrier.
He turned to Luxatium, signaling for him to do his thing.

Dr. X tries to find a way to stabilize the trap so the AN could be extracted at a later time.

1 Like

It was stable, just…abnormally light and translucent

2 Likes

Dr. X watches to see if the Angels would make it.

The angels made it, as they landed beside Dr. X.

“So, we have the AN. But what of the Ignotium and Crimson energies?” One of the angels asked.