Cataclysm

“Good to see chivalry still exists to some capacity.” Rellidina snapped her wax-burned fingers as a pillar of golden flames erupted underneath Taghiat

1 Like

The lasers bend around the Luxatiums, before getting launched back where they came. “You can’t beat me with my own power, the power of light.” They say. A portal opens to a world at the dawn of it’s creation, and light streams through. “Try this one on.” A light shockwave powerful enough to pass for a bomb explodes away from the Luxatiums.

1 Like

Taghiat was uppercut by the beam, and left temporarily vulnerable.
@L.O.S.S-KAL
@meepinater
@MichaelBT-7474
@Runa
@Jcton
@Toa_Radrix

A high calibre antimatter round tears through Taghiat as Omega takes their shot

Bruce’s widened at the sight of Taghiat being left for a moment vulnerable. It seemed like this god-like Prince of Xir’algath had a chance in being killed after all, only that he was a pain to be getting rid of.

“Don’t stop with your attacks!” Bruce said as he flew towards Taghiat and his feet combined into a large power mallet that would hit him towards his chest before bouncing off of him like a trampoline and landing on the ground with a black flip and slight ground pound.

His back formed into that light beam refocuser. “Ethan…?” Bruce called out to him, turning his view slightly towards him.

“I got it!” Nexus said as he fired a laser beam into Bruce’s back. On his HUDs, the amount of power the beam had was off the charts, kind of like what Chaosbreaker could muster.

The six concentrated beams of energy would come down crushing towards Taghiat with incredible speed and power behind it.

A shower of bullets came from Jessica and her IFAV soldiers.

1 Like

Axiom is laughing. No.

The other thing is laughing.

The twin blades cut at his sides, but the Xir’algath was now closer to him. Far too close to effectively maneuver.

Axiom’s gleaming claws slash forward, attempting to cut into the alien’s body.

3 Likes

This beam would be enough to kill Nimrack disintegrating him.

Axiom would succeed in shredding spart the Xir’algath’s body, killing him.

Mark charged towards Taghiat as he flew through the air, and the two’s bodies collided.
Mark grabbed onto Taghiat’s arm with one hand as he he tried to cut it off with Skullbreaker, which he held in another hand. Before he could do this, Taghiat rammed his knee into Mark’s chest, pushing him away.
Angelic light emanating from his body like an aura, mark uppercut Taghiat with a Primordial Energy-charged fist. Then, with three of his arms he held Taghiat in a tight grip. Taghiat, unable to escape from the grip, tried to headbutt Mark to catch him off guard. However, Mark did not flich, taking the headbutt head-on as he stonewalled Taghiat.
Then, Taghiat conjured an orb of Xalnergy and charged his fist with it, punching mark in the face. The strength-amplifying effects of the Xalnergy proved strong enough to knock Mark onto the ground.

Taghiat became increasingly agitated by the attacks which came from all directions.

Suddenly, The Grand Seraphim appeared as he attempted to intervene.

#“Taghiat Quasia, you do not have to do this.”

He declared.

Taghiat scowled at the sight of the angel.
I do. You have brought nothing but hardship and suffering upon my kind!” he spat.

The Grand Seraphim began changing, morphing into a more humanoid shape. He wore a face of pity and compassion as he looked down upon Taghiat.

#“Taghiat. Please do not do this…my so-”

Suddenly, a large black spike was impaled through The Grand Seraphim’s chest. The Grand Seriphim looked down at himself, wearing a look of shock and betrayed agony on his face.

As if tugged back by an invisible force, The Grand Seraphim’s body slowly drifted downward, colliding with the ground with a heavy thud as he landed. Several of his wing feathers wafted up into the air from his body as he landed.

Michael looked over with horror at the sight of The Grand Seraphim’s body laying on the ground. “Father!” Michael called as he rushed to his aid, blastimg a beam of Primordial Energy at Taghist which temporarily incapacitated him. He then removed the spike from The Grand Seraphim’s chest. In its place was now a gruesome hole, a wound with embers of Xalnergy burning within as smoke rose up from it.

It is okay, Michael. I knew my time was nearing close. This was bound to eventually happen…” The Grand Seraphim weakly said, sputtering a cough at the end of his sentence.

“No, that’s impossible. You can’t die, you’re a god!” Michael said in denial.

You’re right; I may not die, but I will not be alive in the way you know it. I cannot remain intact as a being…

The Grand Seraphim’s body began to shimmer with light, sparkles twinkling all around him.
Listen, Michael. I am not the perfect leader you and The Council have seen me as. I have made some mistakes, regretful mistakes which I am not proud of.

The Grand Seraphim reached up to his halo-his crown, and pulled it off of himself. He handed it to Michael.
But you, you could be a far better leader than I ever was. Now, it is your job to guide and lead the Council. Please, do not let me down…
Michael reluctantly accepted the halo, nodding.
“I won’t.” He said solemnly.

The Grand Seraphim nodded with content.
I always loved you. And I have always loved all life in this Multiverse. Remember that…

With that, the Grand Seraphim’s body began to disappear, disintegrating into a shower of golden sparkles of light and energy. The energy flowed all around in all directions, flying away in wisps as eventually all the sparkles were gone.

Looking down at the Grand Seraphim’s halo, Michael slowly lifted it above his head and replaced his old halo with it. As this was done, his body suddenly glowed. Golden sparks swirled all around his body, which dematerialized and became a mass of light. This light grew and grew, until it took on a large angelic silhouette. The silhouette solidified, and Michael reappeared as the new Grand Seraphim.

@L.O.S.S-KAL
@Runa
@MichaelBT-7474
@meepinater
@Toa_Radrix
@TBT_Emerald
@Kirathel

Mark looked over to see Taghiat once again start to stir.
#“Go. I will take care of Taghiat. You all must gain entrance into Kreel’s fortress and confront her.”

Michael said, as he tossed Umbra’s Bane into Mark’s hands.

#“Weild it wisely. Now go.”

Mark nodded.
“You heard what Michael said. We shall take Kreel’s fortress!” Mark said, as he began to charge towards the palace in the distance, motioning for the others to follow behind him.

Eventually, the group came to the floating palace, with floating chunks of debris around it serving as makeshift steps. Mark came to the palace’s entrance. Before opening the door, he turned back to the group.
“Before we enter, I want to know: is everyone ready for this?”

1 Like

It was unfortunate that the Grand Seraphim had to die, though in Bruce’s eyes he should have been more vigilant. He should have seen it coming from Taghiat but what happened, happened and there is no changing that.

Now with Archangel Michale becoming the new Grand Seraphim that was taking on Taghiat for the moment, it would give Bruce and the other Majestic Leaguers time to storm Kreel’s fortress.

Bruce, Spider-Man, White Hood and Nexus followed Mark to the gate of Kreel’s fortress. Spider-Man, White Hood, Nexus and Bruce were ready. “I’m ready as I’ll ever be.” He said, nodding his head.

1 Like

“Advance.” Omega robotically commanded

1 Like

"Let us continue. " Luxatium says, beginning to spin I energy.

1 Like

That, however, would not be necessary, as the Palace’s doors swung open on their own accord.

“It’s like, we’re being invited in…” Mark said with a small hint of apprehension. However, he managed to swallow his fear and he entered the tall menacing structure.
Once the last member of the group had entered, The castle’s doors swung shut.
Before the group lay a large expanse of roiling chaos. And yet, there also seemed to be an underlying organization to this chaos. A meticulously crafted series of traps and other quick paths which led to a swift gruesome death.

But Mark was not afraid, or at least he was able to bury his fears deep enough so that they were not noticeable. And he was sure that his friends were not afraid either.

“Let’s do this!” Mark said as he charged forth.

@Runa
@MichaelBT-7474
@Jcton
@Toa_Radrix
@TBT_Emerald
@L.O.S.S-KAL
Suddenly, a ring of fireballs accelerated towards the group, from seemingly out of nowhere

To everyone’s surprise, the door opened on their own accord. Bruce arched an eyebrow behind his helmet. “My thoughts exactly,” Bruce said towards Mark.

Nexus, Spider-Man and White Hood walked inside, being by Bruce’s side. “I advise you to proceed with caution.” He said onto them.

“This reminds me of an anime I’ve watched, where all of the heroes get inside and face off against the final bo~” Spider-Man was cut out by Bruce’s head-turning towards him, glaring at him.

“I don’t want to hear any of those anime references you watch on your couch when your dad is not home.” He said, almost in a father figure way.

White Hood shook his head. “Jesus Christ, Bruce. Where did you find this kid?” He asked.

“He’s unfortunately on the young side…” Bruce looked down as he sighed.

“Uh, guys…” Spider-Man warned as his spider-sense was sensing the fireballs coming towards them. “Fireballs!” He pointed at them.

Bruce looked forward. “Great, she knows we’re here.” He and the rest dodged the ring of fireballs by flying or dashing away from their initial target position.

1 Like

It hit one of the Nimracks, which exploded, the others disappearing behind him

1 Like

A pair of Two Xir’algath appeared before Conner.

lqad kunt ‘ahadana , aldafe! limadha ainshaqa ealaa hula’ al’arwah alshrira?!
(You were one of us, Impulse! why would you defect to these low-lifes?!)
One of them snarled, speaking specifically to Impulse.
@MichaelBT-7474

I don’t know maybe because you were trying to experiment on me like a lab rat?!” Impulse spoked to them as his head appeared from Connor’s right side.

Connor stepped back a bit, two Xir’algath appeared in front of him out of nowhere. “Uh, Bruce…?” He asked.

“Don’t worry kid.” White Hood said taking out his katana. “They aren’t going anywhere…”

@Mctoran

1 Like

The Xir’algath charged towards White Hood, swinging their faded hands at him.

The Xir’algath would feel two big hands grabbing on to their shoulders, they were big like not Connor sized hands.

Hands off….” He slurred as his tongue was slurping around one of the Xir’algath’s heads. “As I thought…untasteful…sauer meat…” He chuckled. “But it should do…” He suddenly bit off the head of a Xir’algath.

@Mctoran

1 Like

From behind Impulse, a Xir’algath swung down a hand-axe, roaring “Traitor!”

The hand-axe slashed through his back and through the symbiotic fiber. Impulse let out a hiss of frustration before turning around.

He suddenly started to lick his teeth, in a way to intimidate the Xir’algath before him. “You wanna be next…?” He asked as he created a symbiotic sword and slashed at the Xir’algaht’s chest.

@Mctoran

1 Like