CCBS Toa Mata

Some of you may remember that I was working on these for quite a while now, well they’re finally done.

Thank you for viewing.

81 Likes

Simple, but effective. I think Onua is pretty easily my favourite, the arms are done really well i feel.

3 Likes

These all look pretty great! Simple, but very nice.

2 Likes

I have to admit I’m pretty impressed, sure I’ve seen better rebuilds but they’re typically from pro builders or they have a lot more Lego-Lego parts incorporated in them and a lot less HF parts (if any), what I really like is how you managed to incorporate their original weapons in their builds and also upgraded them, such as Lewa’s and Tahu’s double spike, hand, thing they both had and even managed to show and partially keep their gear system, even if it doesn’t work.
Also I agree with the first comment, Onua’s shoulders and claw/lower arm build are my favourite bits, they manage to really show his hunched and slightly bulky build and really emphasize the claws and how how much strength would be needed to use them.

My other favourite parts are the way you built Lewa and Tahu’s double spike hands, and the little additions you gave to Lewa and Kopaka’s chests.

2 Likes

These are really nice. Maybe a bit wide in the waist area, but still very nice on the whole.

1 Like

These are really cool. I especially like Onua’s build and claws, and Pohatu’s bulky limbs.

1 Like

These are all pretty alright, though Onua really steals the show.

2 Likes

Great CCBS versions. Translated pretty well.

1 Like

they all look great, but the hips on Tahu, Kopaka, and Lewa look like they don’t allow for much forward and backwards movement.

1 Like

I love that Onua.

1 Like

All the joints have atleast 90° of normal range,
even ignoring the additional points of articulation they have a larger range of movement than the sets, I mean, they can’t do a high kick, but I don’t need or want them to.

1 Like

A job well done. I like the little details you added to make each feel more unique, like the wings on Kopaka, or the heavier emphasis on translucent elements for Gali, Kopaka, and Tahu. To me, Kopaka and Onua look the most solid in terms of design and appearance.

1 Like

These looks really nice in CCBS. Nice work.

1 Like

Doesn’t Pohatu’s function thing move one of the legs?

1 Like

Somewhat simple, but they’re mean to primarily use the CCBS system. All of them look really great and really capture the feel of the original, except Gali. Her hips seem a bit too wide to me.

1 Like

These are cool. You have effectively captured each character from 2001 and they all look really good (save Gali, her proportions look off). Also, it would be really cool if all of their original functions worked, but at this scale that would be nearly impossible.

1 Like

Neat and simple, but cool! Lewa and Onua are my favorites.

1 Like

yes, but it doesn’t work anyway so I put it higher to improve the shaping and visual unity of the team.

I translated the proportions of the original into this build as much as possible, wider hips, bulkier chest, it’s more that ccbs is thicc compared to the mata limbs, which personally I’m fine with.
the shoulders aren’t as wide, but that’s true for most of the team.

yeah, I mean, these are slightly smaller than the originals, not sure it’s even slightly possible to accomplish that.

1 Like

I guess Gali’s proportions make more sense with the comparison picture.

Yeah, probably.

2 Likes

Wow, these are really eat! All really recognisable and cute! Sonja is fatally my favourite, those hands are just plain cool!

1 Like