"Chameleo" ThatchMac Self-MOC

Hey everyone!

I’ve been putting off posting this guy on the message boards for a while. But I figured I should FINALLY do it.

To get story outta the way, he is a sorta keeper of the multiverse. I know, that seems pretty ridiculous but I make videos and I wanted to create a way to go to different interesting worlds.

Whenever he get’s notified of someone messing with reality or time traveling he goes and handles it. He doesn’t have any “elemental powers” as he isn’t a Toa or anything, but he can shape ■■■■■ and camouflage as well as having jet’s on his feet that allow him to fly short distances and blaster phaser/pistols.

When designing him I wanted him to look pretty different. I didn’t want him to seem like a Toa or any known species. He is pretty simple, which sorta contradicts my earlier goal, but I feel it really works to get the armor look I wanted.

So considering he is in a stop-motion I’m working on I won’t be able to change him at all at the moment. But for later videos changes should be fine and CC is as always appreciated. Thank you.

89 Likes

I like his story and MOC! Everything flows well, and the cloth looks really good.

2 Likes

you know, a white background and a white moc arent usually friends, I cant really see the cloth, but all I can see looks really good

4 Likes

Well executed
7.2/10

2 Likes

Very nice. You made the Inika head look great here despite being modified. It really fits with the clean aesthetic.

2 Likes

The smooth aesthetic works really well here. And the simple limbs seems to be working in favour of this. I especially like how you used the cloth. Nice work.

1 Like

Great Scott this is fantastic!

I have zero complaints. Darn near perfect for what you were trying to get out of him!

Actually kinda looks like a Destiny character too. Say what you will about the game, but personally I like the styles that the Warlocks had with their cloaks and smooth helmets and armor. Very appealng, and its channeled here!

2 Likes

GREAT SCOTT MARTY!

Thank you, that really means a lot.

1 Like

I’m not fond of some of the designs used. But, I won’t lie, the aesthetics overall end up pretty cool. Nice work.

1 Like

Hey, there’s that multidimensional jerk. Kidding of course. Chameleo is still very cool.

1 Like

I like everything except for the totally not pen drawn details on the head (I would suggest painting those lines instead). The rest is great, and interesting to look at! The choices of colors make the MOC pretty unique as well.

1 Like

My only critique would be the lines on the head. They don’t look that great at all, and I honestly feel he could go without them quite easily. Otherwise, this is really nice. Great shaping all around.

1 Like

Agree with the others that the coat and headpiece are very reminiscent of the Warlocks of Destiny. Looks great overall!

1 Like

This would have been a lot better if the face printing was actual printing, or at least sharper with the lines.

Besides that, I love it.

I was summoned?!

The background is a bit bright, but the moc still looks cool

1 Like

Wow! This is so similar to the story behind my self moc and by the I’ve only just found this moc. My moc even has a pistol as a weapon :open_mouth:

Hm. Interesting.

Really love the build and the colors, not a huge fan of the pen drawing… I have seen that kind of thing done by taping the pattern first, but I don’t know how that works out on curved surfaces like that. The head shape fits great, and so do the weapons! :+1:

I’d like to let everyone know, this was made a year ago.

Since than I’ve made 3 more versions.

@RubiCon-001 Since this was a year ago, I’ve gotten a professionally painted version, as well as a 3d printable iteration.

Thats what it looks like btw.

4 Likes