Character appearance rules?

How do certain characters look? Are they their sets, movie forms, or most recent set adaptation (including characters returning in heroes) or made with the av-matoran build. Basically, how can we find out what characters look like. The main concerns are toa, matoran, turaga, and rahkshi. Also, what about krana, Kraata, and squids (Kraata have been shown in many different ways while the others haven’t.)

1 Like

http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=2429
Movie versions are more canon than sets.

1 Like

Eh, I’m still suspicious. The movies seem to have entirely different ideas. Vahki look more organic than the pure robots they are. The masks have mouths too, and tLR looks basically identical to the sets.

Well. The sets in general lack the organic features. The Movies however as you pointed out, the Vahki aree rather inaccurate, so would Nidhiki and Krekka be given that they don’t have Kanoka launchers in the movie. And then there are the masks, they are inaccurate to canon in the movies. Really, mostly it’d be a case-by-case basis. The Vahki, not so much, on the other hand Turaga Dume in set form looks like a Matoran.

1 Like

The movies were all made independently of the creative team that managed almost every other media, which is why the movies contradict every other media we have, even breaching cannon entirely when convenient.
The sets came first. The book covers feature pictures of the sets. The comics show the characters in set form. The commercials, animations and video games (to some extent) were based on the sets.

The book covers never really seemed like a good source to me. On Dark Destiny, the Piraka are in their prototype form, and books like Maze of Shadows and The Darkness Below have scenes that never appear in the book. Personally, I actually really like the movie versions of the Vahki, as they actually have an intimidating head shape (I never liked the heads on the sets, or pretty much any part of the sets actually, except some pieces and the staves).