ColdGoldLazarus' Overdesigned MoCs

Yeah, it has been a while. The good news is that I also took pictures of the next MOC in line, so that’ll be up sometime this evening or tomorrow. And thank you! :smile:

I’m glad they’re using purple in the earth element in G2; it’ll be good to have that available.

CGL gets an A+ once again!

Great job!

2 Likes

oh hey you finally took the pictures

nah, looks good as always CGL, was really looking forward to the purple one :smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

I know, right? Doing laundry, of all things, gave me the opportunity to clear all the crap off the lid of the bucket I’m using as the stage for these photos.

4 Likes

Remnants
Part 3C: Nashira
(Amazon)

Relevant Music: 1, 2

Story: The third-oldest of the survivors, Nashira is the group’s most free-roaming member, spending more time wandering the swamps and jungles of her ancestral homelands in the northeast continent, than in the Polar City where she actually grew up. Despite this, though, she feels caught between two different worlds, compelled both by a feral need for freedom and solitude, and a fiercely protective loyalty to her fellows and friends. Despite her frequent solitude, she’s a supportive listener and does her best to give good advice, so her presence is rarely unwelcome.

Nashira is one of my favorite characters personality-wise, but I have mixed feelings on her actual build. As you can likely guess, this one has had some… production issues. At one point I had to take her apart completely to provide pieces for one of my other MOCs, only to rebuild her differently a few years later; I have no idea which version is overall better thanks to a lack of documentation. Thus, she’s technically much more recent than the rest, but I had very very few pieces to work with at the time. Fortunately, the only place this seems to become too obvious is in the middle of the torso and the upper back, where those stupid light grey pieces sneak their way into everything because of a lack of black or even dark grey equivalents.

Nyran shot. Did I mention light grey is my least favorite lego color? It doesn’t go well with anything.

Upper arm isn’t all that complex, but it adds a nice bit of bulk. Also, the shoulderpads are mildly articulated to allow for a great deal of movement.

Upper leg is blue pin central. The spring piston does unfortunately put some pressure on the whole setup, but not enough to be too problematic, I don’t think. I had to replace one of the green sockets a few months back, but I think that one had already been broken, and the whole MOC had been halfway disassembled and stuck in my suitcase for a trip, so there are other potential factors at play here.

The lower leg, sans the big armor piece, showing off the back armor. Beat that, Omega Tahu!

The front armor was actually built much more recently than the rest of her, during the same trip I suspect caused the green socket to break. I really like how bulky yet streamlined the thing looks.

And the foot, which I think is the best of my several attempts to adapt the original Slizers foot. I wish I’d had more spine pieces in black to make the toes symmetrical, but more coverage is not a bad thing either.

The neck is pretty straightforward, but a much better use of the piece than Heze.

Central torso. I did my best to keep the dark green restricted to the skirt area, and I think I at least pulled that off well. Also, it is my firm belief that the Kakama makes an excellent chestplate. But yeah, other than the front… this is a bloody mess.

The torso can bend forward slightly, as with many of the others.

Both weapons can easily be placed on her hips for storage.

Couldn’t compare her to the original courtesy of a lack of pieces in teal, but here she is with her disks.

Posing is pretty strong for the most part, with the shoulderpads having little ill-effect on arm movement, and the skirt allows the legs to go in several different directions.

Ready for anything.

Sneaking through the underbrush…

Unfortunately, thanks to this green socket also being weak, this arm can do little to lift up without immediately slumping back down. More a problem with the piece than the actual build, though.

Disk shot. Aw yea.

Interactions!
If Meissa is the “Team Mom,” then Nashira is the “Team Big Sis.” Her visits are looked forward to, and even Lesath treats her rather respectfully. (by his standards, at any rate.) However, there are two particularly important interactions, only one of which can be shown for the time being.

Much like Meissa and Antares, Nashira and Kaus had something of a romantic relationship going on, though it’s somewhat more awkward than the prior pair.

[SECRET STUFF]

Anyway…

Epic group shot!

As per usual, be sure to let me know what you think!
Next Time: It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a helicopter! No wait, it’s a helicopter bird plane!

13 Likes

huh, wouldn’t think those colors would go well together

you surprised me, nice job :smile:

1 Like

You mean brown, green, teal, black, and some dark green? And way too much light grey? I was trying to go for a nature-y, almost camo vibe, so I’m glad it turned out okay! Thanks!

2 Likes

yeah, in my head those colors look bleh together, (though of course so did green, keetorange and silver but I ended up loving lewa), but you managed to pull it off and I get a nature vibe from her :smile:

1 Like

Awesome! :smile:

Also, the armor was based on something of a ‘bottom heavy’ design philosophy, lightly armored on top but with the wider skirt and shin guards, then having the big shoulderpads and top-heavy arms to balance it out.

1 Like

Very interesting use of color. Looks good!

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/7/7/77189f21803c7e498fa4ada80762545de1479f81.JPG

I have that disk.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Ooh, nice. :wink:

1 Like

Oh look more mocs! Will there be Flare guy?

2 Likes

Flare is coming soon, yes. There’s one more revamp of the 1999 slizers, then a brief break to look at some of my other MOCs, then we’ll jump back in for my last four Slizer revamps. :wink:

I don’t know how I’ve never been here before, but prepare for a text wall.

Noice! Nice build, although the colors are a bit jumpy.

7.5/10

The Technic build and claw chest look pretty sweet.

9/10

I really like this one! It looks good, no real complaints.

9/10

I like the color scheme and build, but the rahkshi backs are a little off putting. It would be one thing if they connected the the waist or shoulders and were a ■■■■■ or shoulder pad type thing, but they’re a little odd here.

6/10

This one’s pretty awesome. It’s like if Kardas was a golem.

8/10

Oh me gaht the dust. But nah, it’s cool.This guy’s pretty good, and huge!

8.5/10

I immidietly thought of Vuhii.

0/10

/s, He’s pretty cool. I’d give hime a good 9/10

Awesome! I would love these as sets.

9/10

Nice! I really like the look of him.

9.5/10

Dang, this one’s pretty legit. He could beat gali any day of the week!

9/10

Take my favorite color, add black, and make it transform = perfect?

9.9/10

She looks good. The shoulders are a bit much though.

7/10

To save time, I’ll just say these are all really good!

as a group, 8/10

Pretty sweet.

7/10

It looks very retro sci-fi. Retro isn’t really my cup of tea, but I still think this ship is really good. The battle mode is awsome!

8/10

Nice!

8.5/10

O_o

Noice! Not too oversexualized IMO.

8/10

Oh man, those pickaxes are b0ss! I love him.

9/10

Nice! In the voice of JangBricks, “PURPLE!”

7.5/10

Oh man. Teal and green. Amazon. I love it. Although I still like Antares better.

9.8/10

Sowee for text wall :cry:

3 Likes

Thanks! I have since fixed the colors up a bit, but now she’s down in Colorado so I can’t photograph her until this winter. :cry:

Thank you, very much!

Huh, okay. I’d argue she’s pretty crappy, but I’m glad you approve.

Yeah, this guy is pretty awkward in general.

Wow lol

She.

Intentionally so. :laughing:

Ooh, you’re right. It has this sort of Star Wars vibe to it.

:laughing:

Okay, good. Thank you!

No worries. :smile:

3 Likes

5 Likes

That sucks. Can’t wait to see her!

Sorry…

1 Like

No worries, just letting you know.

Indeed. Hopefully she looks better now. :smile:

1 Like

I already like her a lot. The thing is, the bigger/more complex you make a moc, the harder it is to make it look good.

1 Like

Yay!

Indeed!

1 Like