Community MOC Project: G1 Toa Teams

He’s almost done, just a few more aesthetic things to put on. He’ll be up tomorrow.
(Mangai of Plant Life)
I’ll have a name, too.

Yeah but not a lot of white pieces that match the metru style

I was going to suggest a name for dume’s toa team. I went to google translate, as I usually do when trying to come up with names. I found something interesting.

In Bulgarian, Dume means “word we get”
In Chinese, Dume means “read it”
In Esperanto, Dume means “meanwhile”
In Greek, Dume means “structure”
In Hindu, Dume means “asthma”
In Japanese, Dume means “justified”
In Polish, Dume means “pride”
In Russian, Dume roughly means “thought”
In Sesotho, Dume means “roar”
In Swahili, Dume means “patriarch” (a male leader)
In Tamil, Dume means “the distinction of having”
In Turkish, Dume means “my dude” (no joke)
In Urdu, Dume also means “asthma”
In Uzbek, Dume means “the rudder”
In Xhosa, Dume means “overview”

And finally in Zulu, Dume means “popular”

Pick which one you want, there’s plenty to go around.

3 Likes

My dude, Toa of Asthma
/s
That’s pretty interesting…

4 Likes

The colour scheme does have to match a Toa of that element. You can use trans blue so long as you can tell it’s meant to be Toa of Air

@Sammythekat that’s fine

@CarumSarene I’ll accept it

@King328 so are you in, if so which Toa

@Hutere_the_Toa_Of_Air looking forward to it

2 Likes

I guess I’m in.
Put me down for the Cordak toa of lightning.
Thanks.

1 Like

Here’s an updated version of my MOC.
https://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/toa-nokoma-revamp-v2/22252

1 Like

Here’s a Toa of Iron I made that’s not quite complete, I need some decent orange weapons using kalmah whips, rotors boosters and rotors blaster, or gunmetal pieces. And a custom head that could pass as female, since I don’t have any fitting masks. I’m open to suggestions, just pm me about them

So is this decent, or should I just stick to making sure this project runs smoothly :smile:

Topic template and Toa list can be found on post 1.

1 Like

I thought Toa of Iron were all male, and had silver, copper, and gold colors traditionally, but that’s a nice build regardless.

1 Like

Pfft, I can use a backstory for that, e.g. she failed in her mission and therefore Toa of Iron were male from then on. I thought orange (another colour od theirs) was near enough to burnt orange so…and I think it’s steel grey.

Glad you like the build though, does it pull off the feminine build

1 Like

Well, canonically Toa don’t look any different based on their gender, considering “gender” is just a by-product of their accidental sentience, and as such all Toa are biologically identical. However, the armor changes based on their subconscious idea of what a “Toa” is, so it would be perfectly logical that a female Toa would look more feminine. In that regard, it looks female enough.

2 Likes

Terkor, Toa of the Green.
(Toa Mangai)

HE HAS SHOULDER ARTICULATION!:grinning:

4 Likes

Are you going to make a topic for him?

1 Like

Fun fact: The 2015 toa/protector heads can fit with that helmet.

1 Like

Interesting, didn’t know that. Unfortunately none of my g2 masks would work with her colour scheme :slight_smile: . So does the build look feminine, bar the head, but not overly so?

Yeah, I just didn’t have the time last night.

1 Like

Almost done with the MOC.
She looks really CCBS, but with lots of piston add ons.
I also must say that it was weird to use purple and white on her because that’s how toa of lightning in G1 were, when I have such little purple.

I thought they were white and blue? I can’t decide on an element for my Toa as the colour scheme doesn’t really fit any :frowning:

I’m thinking Iron because the orange and gunmetal could fit an iron character, possibly? Weren’t Iron type glatorian and agori orange and gunmetal/grey?

Oh.
Dang.
In this picture, it looks purple.

I will change it now.

You can keep it purple, it might be interesting and unique, but still be recognisable as a Toa of Lightning