Community MOC Project: G1 Toa Teams

Yeah, it doesn’t look lightning-y…
I had wondered why it didn’t give off the right vibe…
Shouldn’t be too big of a deal.

2 Likes

What element do you suggest for a gunmetal and orange Toa?

@king328 cheers

Iron.
“Toa of Iron usually wore armor that was mainly steel-grey, although they were in other metallic colors, such as gold and bronze, with burnt orange as a secondary color. All Toa of Iron were also male.”
Yup. Plasma is orange and white, so I would say iron.

2 Likes

I’ve finished the MOC, but won’ t upload it until I’m also finished with the backstory - two pages of text at the moment :grin:

His name will be Callik.

EDIT @TheMoltenKing

I kept building and came up with another Toa Hagah for Makuta Ornek - it’s more or less a clone build of Callik with a few differences, but then I feel like they should look somewhat alike. Anyway, if you don’t mind that fact I could add the Toa of Lightning from the Toa Karda to this project. Her name would be Waye.

2 Likes

Here you go guys
https://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/crienne-toa-takenga-of-iron/22284

@Gilahu ok

Topic template and Toa list can be found on post 1.

1 Like

Oops, seems like I mistyped Weye’s name. It’s W e ye. My fault.

But anyways, I was wondering about three things:

a) Why is Dume’s team named Toa Kra - isn’t Kra the prefix for Shadow like Kra-Matoran? It seems a little odd to me that a Toa team would accept the name “Toa of Shadow”

b) Why is there a Toa of Shadow in the Toa Karda? Toa of Shadow are evil (I guess). Also how would he have become one? The Makuta were still lead by Miserix at that time and thus “good guys”. Not to mention that Shadow leeches weren’t invented yet. An Avsa could probably have done the job, but who would’ve used it?

c) How important is embedding the Toa into the canon story for you (if they’re not part of the main teams) - like the Toa Karda had one member that wore an Olmak and one member that used the Ignika and died. If the story is important to you, you should probably take care of such things.

But I know that many people don’t see it as that important to align everything with the canon story. It’s probably just me who has any problems with all of this. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They spent most their time fighting the dark hunters. Dark = shadow and they were active when the “shadow” of the Makuta was beginning to rise. So double meaning

They don’t have to be done by shadow leeches I don’t think, my thinking was s/he was redeemed but it didn’t alter their body

I made clear in the first post of this topic that if your Toa has a pre-existing description, you must abide by it

I have finished.
Nikila now has a trident, a blue and white color scheme, and wears brain attack breez’s helmet so it can pass for the mask of opportunities, which (I think) never was made in a set.
I gave her some silver as well, but that was my choice.
I will post it when I figure out a place to use as a background.
EDIT:
Done!
My first MOC to go on the message boards is now Nikila, Toa Cordak of lightning.

I’m pretty happy with her.
The topic for her

4 Likes

Could I do Toa Phantoka Kopaka?

3 Likes

I would like to claim Vakama Metru…
Now time to build the most delicate crossbow imaginable…

6 Likes

This is one of @Gilahu’s entries. Weye Toa of Lightning
https://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/weye-toa-of-lightning-g1-toa-community-project/22394/2

And another: Callik Toa of Air
https://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/callik-toa-of-air-g1-toa-community-project/22288

3 Likes

Here’s my first one:

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/community-g1-toa-project-lesovikk/22418?u=pakarination99

Expect Gali and Onua Mata really soon!

5 Likes

Hi all! Just thought I’d drop this here for anyone wanting to make a toa from Lhikan’s team:

The masks for all but two of the members are known, even though their names and toa tools aren’t.

Source

5 Likes

I just used Tarix’s helmet for the Mask of Healing.

1 Like

Hey @TheMoltenKing, I’d like to get in on this! If possible, I’d like to try Helryx.

2 Likes

It certainly is and you’ve been put on the list

1 Like

Sweet! I’ll get started on it today, hopefully!

2 Likes

Can I switch to onewa hordika?

1 Like

Okay, so this is my first community moc project participation. I really would like to do Chiara-toa of lighning, is that okay?

1 Like

Sorry I haven’t done the Toa of Iron yet.
I have school stuff.

1 Like