Conduit: Race Against Time(RP Topic)

Everyone but Kimi does. “…get away from here. If we see you with the others in Helsinki, you won’t get another chance to run.” He threatens, as the would-be thief scrambles to his feet and starts running away.

Jeffrey watches him go, silent for the moment.

Alex clicks her tongue, breaking the silence. “Sooo… I guess we’re going to Helsinki then?”

“…I really feel bad dragging you all into this.” Jeffrey says. “And away from your lives and everything you have to do. But, if you are willing to help, I can compensate you, and if you lose any job because of this because who knows how long this’ll take, I’ll gladly hire you.” He looks around. “All of you, even you, Mr…Kimi? Anyways, before we go, let’s check what else they were planning on stealing.” He says, rummaging through the bag again, hand resting on the carnelian from before, as it begins to glow.

Eliza shakes her head. “It’s okay, I’ve been saving up in case something happened again.”

“Speak for yourself,” Alex grumbles. “I’m a broke college student, I’m not saying no to money.”

the ground around them seems to turn to grass, as the walls disappear and sunlight breaks the dark, possibly blinding the group for a few seconds. If and when they can see each other, they seem almost see-through, as the environment builds up around them more. “What the…” Jeff starts.

2 Likes

“Well this is alarming.” Fred deadpanned.

Alex blinks. “I was going to assume this was normal but it doesn’t seem like this is normal.” Eliza looks around, on guard.

above the grassy plains starts to build a grand city of stone, tall building upon tall building, with a large castle right in the center, underneath the feet of our group as they rise up, the whole city becoming visible to them. Soon, they might see people within the city, going about their day to day, many using Conduits to ease their workload or do other menial tasks.

“…Halminna…” Kimi mutters.

Jeffrey looks around in awe.

1 Like

Fred’s jaw dropped in awe ar the sight. “I don’t want to say what this could be, because I don’t want to be wrong.” he muttered in astonishment.

1 Like

Zablex watches silently but with great interest.

1 Like

“Woah…” Eliza watches in awe, trying to take a step closer to the city. Alex is similarly awestruck, though her attention is drawn away from the city. She glances at Kimi, suspicious.

1 Like

Soon, the scene would change. The city, strong as ever, was now embroiled in conflict. What looked like armored soldiers fighting each other, using swords and magic to attack each other. At the center of it all, in the castle on which they stood, they could see two figures vying for power. One was a young lady, wearing a very familiar set of armor, and wielding a spear with a large head, a gem set inside of it. Fighting her was a man in full armor carrying two swords, coming after her as both fight over a bright gauntlet, five stones set along the arm.

Jeffrey watches, amazed and speechless.

1 Like

Fred was enamored by the sight, feeling as if he really was there.

Alex’s attention is drawn back to the scene, scanning over the strange warriors. Eliza watches on, similarly awestruck.

In the end, the man is knocked off his feet, as the girl swoops up the gauntlet and stands over him, spear pointed at his neck. The man started to speak, but before he could, she swung her spear to one side and brought it barreling towards his neck, about to cleave off his head.

However, before the brutal moment of impact can be seen, the whole scene around them fades to a white room, before the white fades, and they find themselves back in the catacomb hallway.

Jeffrey stood there, silent.

“Wow,” Eliza breathes. “What… what was that?”

“Magic movie?” Alex quips weakly.

1 Like

“I think…recorded history.” Jeffrey responds. “I have a feeling that’s another reason writings are so sparse for the Kunini. They had recorded, first-hand accounts to pull from, instead of second hand or more writings.” He looks it over, and puts it back in the bag. “But, uh, we should probably get moving.”

Kimi nods. “And we should take this bag with us, so no one else gets their hands on them.” He said, seeing the conflict in Jeff’s eyes about the situation. “Even if it feels like we’re doing something wrong, it’s for the best.”

1 Like

“What’s in the bag?” Alex asks, trying to sneak a look. “More conduits?”

“Yes, but we’re not going to use them,” Eliza says, nudging Alex back, “out of respect for this site. Right, Jeffery?”

“We might use a few, but I’d rather we just leave most of them here. People can’t use more than two at a time anyways, any more would be more a hassle than a help.”

1 Like

“Ooo, what do we have?” Alex crowds in, trying to get a look in the bag. Eliza rolls her eyes, but also moves closer.