Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

“If this is some kind of trick…” He said in a low tone as he took a few steps forward.

In his mind, Zablex couldn’t believe what was happening: if this really was as this person said…the door to a power long-forgotten by time was opening for him and all he needed to do was walk through it.

As soon as he crossed into the circle, the Conduit dropped back down like it was once again a normal piece of jewelry. “There.” Jeff said. “Now it’s usable. As soon as I figure out how to use them.”

Zablex examined his ‘Conduit’, looking for a way to unlock its power. He tapped on it, traced the runs and even said ‘obsidian’ under his breath.

I doubt it will be as simple as just thinking about it activating. he thought.

Jeff started pacing. “The documentation never said anything about use, so it must have been something almost innate to them. Something they barely had to think about.” He stops. He points his ring at Zablex and concentrates on his ring. “Is it working?” Zablex might hear.

“Not that I can tell.” He told him as a song crept into his head. (Xehanort’s theme from KH: BBS)

“It worked!” Jeff exclaims. “I didn’t say that!” He starts, almost like an excited rant. “The documents we found said that jade had ‘mind’ powers. We could tell that they didn’t mean psychic telekinesis, though, since it was said that that’s what amethyst did, and if they had the same powers, they’d be written the same. Now, our next thought was telepathy, and it seems that at the very least we were partially right there, but…” He continues, his voice becoming lower as he kept going, until it couldn’t be understood as anything but noise.

“Sounds like it had notes on each kind of material.” He said, “Did it mention obsidian?”

“It said that it was often used in the process of making Conduits, but it never said how it was used in doing so. In fact, the whole process is sort of a mystery now. All we know is that runes, some black substance, and a strange metal otherwise unseen were used somehow.” He said, not skipping a beat. He finds a rock and kicks it towards Zablex. “Here, what’s-your-face, try it on this.”

He catches it and thinks it would make a good paperweight as he looked it over.

OOC: no sound powers? (sad puppy face)

Jeff is taken aback. “Wow. seems I don’t know my own strength. That was supposed to land at your feet. Anyways, try focusing on that and using your Conduit.” He stops for a second, then adds something on as if he forgot it. “Oh! But, uh, maybe don’t keep hold of it as you do? Who knows what that thing does.”

“Maybe it could work as an arrowhead or spearhead,” he said as he lightly tossed it up, “otherwise it would make a nice paperweight.”

Assuming he was trying to use the powers of his Conduit, the rock would turn a black color, and when it landed in his hand it would have gained more weight. Jeff ran up to inspect it.

“Where did the extra weight come from?” He wondered aloud.

The gears in his head began turning as he examined the stone he now held.

OOC: is Obsidian’s power virtually alchemy like FMA? Because that extra mass had to come from ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■? The law of conservation of mass and energy should apply…shouldn’t it?

“And the color!” He said, snatching up the rock and inspecting it. “It looks like it’s obsidian, but seems to have some sort of other qualities to it. Definitely seems more durable, and has some other qualities…” He looks at his ring. “It’s the same stuff inside the rune indents in the Conduits!” He says. “So that’s how it was used!” He thinks. “Petrification.” He says. “It has the ability to turn other substances to an obsidian-like substance. Assumed permanent on nonliving things.” He says. “I think that’s how I’ll describe it for now.”

“Petrification, eh?” Zablex asked, “I wonder if it can be reversed?”

So, I can practically have a power like Medusa from the myths? Most interesting. he thought.

“Try it.” He says.

He looks for a non-rock item to petrify; the temptation to use it on Jeff crossed his mind as a joke but he didn’t act on it, not when he knew the most about Conduits and their powers.

He might see a stick lying on the ground just outside the door.

He picks it up then thinks of it petrifying then returning to how it was before a few seconds later.

OOC Gone for an hour and I see post activity.

IC Mokuzai searches for a boat and finds himself at a dock with a ferry. Do I stowaway on board and starve or do… I should find someone who knows about this instead and make them pay for it. That sounds like a better idea.

Mokuzai grins as he finds it. I’m blessed by the gods. Lets take the bus to the airport. Or I can beg someone to take me. What a twist of fate.
The boy heads home and grabs a suitcase and fills it up with the things he needs. Time to break it to mum though. What a pain. Eh, I can text her at the airport.
He grabs some extra wallet money and heads for the airport.

Ike finds himself at the mountain but sighs. I don’t have a mountain bike. Time to carry this up He gets off and starts walking the bike up with him.