Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

Ike chuckles “Are you saying this’ll be a Monkey’s Paw kinda thing?”

1 Like

Rodian replies,
“I’m not saying anything about that. I’m just questioning the responsibilities of these gemstones. We could use these stones all willy-nilly, but that would only end badly for us. Power tends to have at least some responsibility, wouldn’t you agree?”

He missed the joke or sarcasm, but his writer didn’t. The writer quite enjoyed it, but was confused whether it was a joke or a lash of sarcasm, either way it was funny.- the narrator.

Eliza lets the pendant fall to her chest, instead steepling her fingers in front of her.

“I mean, there’s always the law, right? Owning magic rocks doesn’t change that.”

Rodian nods,
“That would be correct, however one could say that the laws aren’t designed for the magic stones.”

“But the idea of it is still there,” Eliza counters. “Killing is still off the table. So are things like invasions of privacy or property.” She ticks each point off on her fingers. “It doesn’t matter how you do them, they’re still wrong.”

Rodian nods in agreement,
“Yeah, those are the obvious ones. I was thinking about a what if scenario, where someone uses their power in a busy street, but in a way that wouldn’t break any law. So, they aren’t a criminal but people saw their power.”

Ike sighs. “We’re making laws for magic rocks? That’s kinda lame. We aren’t some Jedi Order.”
Ideruba follows up for the two “I mean none of us are gonna suddenly drop dead of sadness anytime in our lives.”
Wait wasn’t that Padme.
Sssh. Quipin our way to victory.

Jeff walks back. “Whenever you all are ready, we’ll head back to my place. Our transport’s waiting there for us.”

“Cool.” Shelby replies. “Wait where are we going?”

“Eastern Estonia. To the ruins of Helmitki Kunin.” He says.

“Oh cool.”

Rodian looks at Jeff,
“Estonia, sounds like fun. When do we leave.”

“Within the next two hours.” He said. “Unless you have preparations to make. We can push it back if need be.”

Rodian nods,
“I should be good to go.”

Jeff nods. “Alright then. Let’s get going.” He starts heading down the mountain.

Ike nods and follows quietly with Mokuzai standing behind him.

Mokuzai looks around I should check if we’re gonna get a helicopter crash. Eh.

Holly shrugs and follows up with the group. Barely know where we’re going but this is cool. But we’re already leaving the US. Lame.

Rodian stretches before heading after Jeff.

Zablex begins to follow Jeff, hitting the petrified stick on rocks to see how durable it was.

Eliza follows the others, enjoying the mountain air. Did Estonia have mountains? Where even was Estonia? I really should have payed more attention when we talked about geography…

“time to hit the road!” Justin exclaimed as he hoisted himself up and began to follow the others.

Jeff soon reached his house, behind which rotors could be heard.

Eliza stretches a bit in anticipation of the long ride. “You’re really anxious to get out of here, aren’t you?” she asks Jeff.

Rodian thinks to himself about how long the trip would be, He was a little excited.