Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

“Kinda.” He says. “It’s just that I’d rather be out there searching than sitting here doing nothing.”

She chuckles. “Nothing wrong with that. How long of a flight are we looking at, anyways?”

“Less than a day.” He says. “Probably close to 10-12 hours.”

Rodian thinks aloud,
“So, we’re going to cross the ocean fairly quickly. Are you in a hurry?”

“Yes.” He answers. “We’re not the only ones with these things. And from my research last night, in about twenty hours another blast of energy will release from that circle. This one will activate the other Conduits. It’s like that first one primed them, and this actually turns them on.” He says over the humming of the rotors.

Rodian nods,
“This will be fun.”

“So, we’ll have people suddenly getting powers in less than 24 hours?” Zablex asked.

“Fewer than you’d think. They’d have to figure out that they have powers to use them.” Jeffrey tells him.

“Still, superpowers showing up out of the blue.” He said. “That’s not gonna go unnoticed.”

“We shouldn’t rule out accidental activations,” Eliza adds. “How many of these things are out there, anyways?”

1 Like

“That’s another problem. We don’t know.” He turns to them in front of the helicopter. “Unfortunately, our mission isn’t to stop the chaos. It’s to minimize it. Now hop on!”

Elizabeth enters the helicopter, choosing a seat by the window.

What’s wrong with seeing what happens when the world finds out they have superpowers? Zablex thought as he hopped onto the helicopter.

Ike nods and takes a seat near the back
You should’ve taken somewhere closer to the front Ike.
Shut it. I like it back here.

Mokuzai drags his suitcase abroak with minor troubles and drags it next to his seat.

Holly sits as close as she can to the pilots seat.

Justin boards the helicopter. “So… this is my first helicopter ride. I wonder what it will be like.” he mumbled to himself.

Jeff sits right behind the driver. “Alright, James! We’re ready!”

With that, the helicopter rose from the ground and started forwards.

Eliza can’t help but feel her stomach lurch as the helicopter begins to move. It had been a while since she had flown anywhere; she had forgotten what it felt like. Twelve hours was plenty of time to get used to it, though. She leans against the wall. Maybe too much time.

Justin made the mistake of looking out the helicopter’s door. He instantly jerked himself back into his seat. Forgot my fear of heights… He thought.

Approximately halfway through the flight, the helicopter landed somewhere in England to refuel. “Stretch your legs, guys, we’re only half done.” Jeff tells them once the motors stop. “We’re leaving somewhat soon.”

Mokuzai looks at him “By soon, do you mean more than like 6 hours? I need to take the bus.”