Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

“That tells me nothing.” He said. “Having one doesn’t meant that you deserve it.”

1 Like

Mokuzai glances at the others “I mean he’s not wrong. I don’t see a problem with that logic.”

1 Like

OOC: Z̶a̶b̶l̶e̶x̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶d̶u̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶

IC: Christine was deep in research.

Something clicks in Eliza’s head. Suddenly the shock and confusion is hidden behind a mask of friendly cheer. She steps forward and waves at the stranger.

“Hello, I’m Elizabeth. I, uh, take it you’re from around here?” She smiles pleasantly.

Zablex shrugs, “You’re not wrong.” He said. All he did was, pretty much, buy it at a flea market.

“I was, when it was…well, when it was.” He responds, lowering his weapon slightly.

She nods. “Must be weird to find a bunch of strangers on your doorstep, I imagine.”

He nods. “And also see my entire nation be replaced by rubble.”

She purses her lips. “I’m sorry.” She couldn’t even begin to imagine what that would feel like. Witnessing the death of a person she had barely known had been traumatic enough, but multiplying that by orders of magnitude… No, focus.

“Is there anything you want to know? Any questions we can answer for you?”

“What happened here.” He asked. “And who all you are, for starters.”

“Well,” Zablex said, “Judging by the language you spoke, you missed a lot but to give you the short version the world has moved on from what happened in Eastern Estonia and left the Conduits behind to be lost to time and the dark ages ended bringing about an age of rediscovery then exploration then a bunch of wars happened, some were global; and things have been kinda in flux but a lot of technological advances have happened that seemed ridiculous less than a century ago and people got interested in the Conduits again.”

“I am Zablex and my family likes traveling the world and being tourists while also pursuing our hobbies,” Zablex said, “mine is twofold: the facination in the Conduits and their lore but mainly, I’m a guy that loves music and that’s how I learned about the Conduits; through songs.”

He holds up his Obsidian Conduit, “I found this in a street market for pretty cheap for an obsidian stone in a silver pendant and only learned it was a Conduit a few days ago when this guy,” he points at Jeff, “found a way to reawaken them.”

He seems pretty sad, “Unfortunately, one of our own was killed by a person who, quite frankly had no business pointing here weapon at us and shot him in the head.” He solemnly shows the man the Aquamarine Conduit. “This was his Conduit and I’m holding onto it for now until we can all decide who gets it between us or whatever family our friend had left.” He explained, hinting it was the guy’s heirloom and that he respected that tradition. He taps it, showing that it wasn’t active.

OOC: Too much?

“…What?” He asked. “What’s ‘Estonia?’ And that much happened? All that happened for me is I was struggling against the king for this.” He gestured to the fractured crown on his hip. “Then the world around me warped when the crown was hit, and I stood in the ruins of the castle.” He said. “I figured the crown caused an explosion when it was hit, and I was just in the right zone for it to not hit me.”

“Strange…” Jeff said. “It’s been centuries. The current year is 2018 A.D. and the only stories we have of your kingdom were thought to be fairy tales.”

The man’s eyes widen. “My word.” He said.

“Now can you tell us your name?” Shelby asked.

“Vaarinty.” He responds.

Meanwhile…

Eastern Estonia

In the ruins of the capital of Helmitki Kunin, the air warps once more. Where the warp happened, five people now stand. One wears darker armor than the other four, who all wore similar garb, except for the color of one of the two gems in their helmets. The one armored differently from the others looks around, then speaks with a cold sternness. “Etsi petturi. Tuo hänet minulle.” The other four moved out, looking around the ruins. The one stands for a short time, looking around calmly, and regally walks down the half buried steps.

1 Like

“Vaarnity, that wouldn’t happen to be The Crown of Ten, would it?” Zablex asked, nervous in tone and in his body language.

This guy was from the ancient past and given that he said he struggled with others for the crown and struck it before getting warped here…who’s to say that others didn’t end up with the same fate?

OOC: if one of those armored dudes has a sound Conduit, I call dibs right now.

“Is that what you call it?” He said, holding up the fractured, empty crown. “We called it ‘Kuningasvoima,’ or 'Power of Kings.”

Zablex shrugs, “That’s what I heard in a song, ‘An ancient king who had lust, not for wealth or blood so much as, power and asked a noble crafter to make for him a Crown of Ten to grant him ultimate power.’ The rest was burned away in a fire centuries ago but I take it you probably know or can guess the rest.” Zablex said. “That’s a very rough translation but the best I could find in my research.”

OOC: GTG.

Ideruba turns his head around a tree Is that a crown. He’s stealing my Jam.
Ike sighs. No one is stealing anything. Especially not your jam.

“No doubt at least one person would have seen it and know a bit about it, but the only people who were supposed to know about it were myself, the king, and the Voima Eliitti.” Vaarinty tells him.

“Voima Eliitti?” He asked.

OOC: for real, I GTG.

“The king’s personal guard. It’s comprised of the four best fighters the kingdom had to offer, each specializing in a different weapon and given two Conduits to use to defend the king.” He elaborates.

Jeff was furiously writing this down, as where better to get information on a lost kingdom than a living relic from it.

1 Like

Eliza’s eyes admittedly glaze over a little bit, what with all the long-winded conversation. The words wash over her, only occasionally processing what was being said. Then something clicks.

“Er, V-, Va-, Vaari…?”