Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

Ike sighs “Yeah yeah. We’ll go work on it then.” He absentmindedly waves his hand and heads down.

We? Jeff thinks before shaking it off. It’s probably nothing. He’s silent for a moment. “Oh, I don’t even know you two’s names. I’m Jeffrey.” He says.

“I’m Ike.” He heads down the trial and attempts to see if he can lift the blood on it.

Some of the blood, still solid, lifts off the ground in front of him. “Nice to meet you.” Jeff replies.

Ike gives of a long pause before responding back. “You too man.” He continues to follow the trail and looks for the carcass.

He’d eventually find a pool of dried blood at the end, with some guts not far away. Another, even smaller trail would lead off in a different direction, towards a somewhat nearby dirt road.

Ideruba attempts to control the pile of torn guts.

The guts would tremble, and any blood left inside would seep out of them.

So can I use the blood to levitate it and throw it at things. He shrugs and collects the blood in an orb behind him. Dwight heads towards the dirt road.

He’d see it’s about the size of one and a half lanes on a normal road, and hadn’t been driven on in the past day or two by more than a few dirt-bikes.

Jeff stayed at the cave, waiting for if others show up.

He sighs I could pretend to be a magic hitchhiker.

Earlier that day…

Elizabeth smiles in greeting. “Hi, what can I get for you today?”

“Hi, uh…” The customer glances back above her head, checking the menu. “How about-” Whatever he says, she doesn’t hear it. She’s distracted by a sudden pressure on her chest. What? Her smile wavers for a second. El, customer.

“I’m sorry, could I get that one more time…?” She quickly completes the order, doing her best to ignore the strange pressure on her chest. It seemed like an eternity before she could duck away to the bathroom. She pressed one hand to her chest, trying to think of anything that could cause this - oh! Her pendant!

She tears the necklace off, gasping like a swimmer coming up for air. So that was it. What even…? She would have to figure it out later, unfortunately. She tucks the pendant away in her bag and returns to work.

Elizabeth can’t help but stare at the pendant in wonder. The opal glitters in the afternoon sunlight, almost drowning out the light of the engraving around it. Not only were the runes glowing, but it seemed to defy gravity, hanging as if caught in a nonexistent wind. She had no idea what to make of it.

…unless. It had to mean something, didn’t it? It seemed to be hanging at a constant angle. Off to the… southwest? No, southeast. What was even in that direction? New York City? Washington DC? No; there was no way she could list everything in that direction. It could be literally anything. It could be pointing out into the water, for all she knew. Only one way to find out, I guess.

She pulls her phone from her pocket, dialing the number for work. She gathers the pendant in one hand as the line rings, feeling the stone press into her hand.

“Hello, this is Elizabeth. Something came up; I need a couple weeks off.”

Jeffrey sat, thinking of what the capabilities of his ring really were. “Mind…” He said. “What powers could that truly entail? Man were those guys vague with some of those descriptions…”

Ideruba heads down the road, walking absentmindedly down it. I should grab my bike from the cave. Darn.

Mokuzai holds his newly bought plane tickets in his hand. Does my service even work across the ocean. Well shoot. Good thing I’m on break, time to send some messages back to mum. He whips out his phone and gets his fingers ready to trpe.

So, I could help create more of these Conduits; there are probably other items needed to do so otherwise it would be too easy. Zablex thought as he examined his pendant. He began to leave the cavern.

“Wait, I still didn’t get your name.” Jeff said. He hides his fear as he comes to a realization. Oh no. I just lost one of the most powerful relics in the world, and I’m about to lose another. WAIT. THERE’S MORE OF THESE OUT THERE. What if they fall into the wrong hands! His mind races.

“I’m Zablex.” He said, stopping next to him.

“Nice to meet you.” Jeffrey said. “Hey, could you help me with a few things?” He continues as he takes out a piece of paper and pen and starts writing.

“What?” He asks, pulling out his phone to see the time.

“Well first I want help finding…Ike I think was his name? Well, whatever his name is, then I’d like some help finding more of these Conduits and keeping them out of the wrong hands, if you don’t mind.” He finishes writing and sets to paper down in the middle of the circle, setting a rock on top of it so it’s still visible, but won’t fly away.