Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

“A guy using what can be called blood magic won’t be hard to miss nor remain unheard of in time.” He said.

“But I don’t want many people to find out about these if I can help it.” He said. “That’d cause quite a bit of trouble.”

Ike decides to head back and grab his bike for convenience. He looks at his orb and squeezes his hand to solidify it into a clotted mass. “Huh. Nice.”

Mokuzai sits on his plane flight and looks at his box What does it do… He shakes it and opens it to look whats inside. Its empty yet it moves and it glows. What?

“Why not?” He asked. “Telepathy, petrification and blood manipulation can be used to great effect in the name of self-defense.”

He looks Jeff over, trying to see what he could discern about him.

“And the fulfillment of all sorts of greedy desires, by all sorts of greedy people.” He retorts, heading off in the direction Ike went in.

Jeff was a thin man in his early to mid twenties. He was about average height, and from what could be seen, seemed not to have much muscle mass, being mainly skin and bones. In a fight of purely strength, he’d not be much of a threat.

Dwight was on his way back and waved to Jeff. “Hey dude. I’m here to grab my bike.” His clotted blood ball hovered behind him

“Oh, okay.” He says, walking back. “Hey, could you help me with something?”

“Where and how did you learn so much about the Conduits and surrounding lore?” Zablex asked.

“With what?” If its being a superhero, only if I can clone myself. Thats the only thing I wanna do.

“There’s more of these things out there.” He says, referring to Conduits. “I need help finding them and making sure they don’t fall into the wrong hands.”

He turns to Zablex. “Well, due to being in…good circumstances, I was able to follow my passion and research them. I traced the more well-known legends back to their source, which I found to be in Finnish. Upon further research, I saw no ruins if Finland, so I started looking at the area’s history, to find that a group migrated from where is now Estonia to where is now Finland. I looked at Estonian maps and satellite images to find small groups of ruins, where I decided to start my search. There, I found the map of an old kingdom, along with all sorts of writings on stone tablets and paper, all in Proto-Uralic. After some translation, I got to understand that it was talking more about the Conduits, and that it told of the forges where they were made and attuned, and the abilities of quite a few gems when Conduits were attuned to them. Then, I followed to where one of these forges were, and found the way to activate the Conduits, before rushing back here and reactivating what seems to be all the attuned Conduits before I could even learn much more of their history. Maybe I should go back there eventually to do that…” He trails off, ending his long-winded semi-tangent.

An archeologist. he thought.

“So, this was a forge?” He asked.

“No, everything from the kingdom was in eastern Estonia, with a little bit reaching into western Russia, but not a lot. This was just a well-hidden place near home where I could try to activate these things in peace.” He pauses. “And I know what you’re thinking, and you’re wrong. I’m not an archaeologist. I’m and anthropologist. There’s a difference.”

Ike sighs and shakes his head. “Sorry. No can do. I’m not exactly a person who’s available to give away his services like that.”

“There’s a good chance you’ll get more of these Conduits. Therefore, more of their powers. Plus, I can compensate you and negotiate time off with your work, if need be.”

Zablex looks at Ike, “Then I recommend you not use your Conduit’s power so publicly.” He said.

“Our anthropologist friend here is worried for the well-being of the items and their keepers.” He told Ideruba.

“As for you, anthropologist,” Zablex said, “I recommend you seek permission to read my mind in the future; I consider that an invasion of my privacy.”

“I didn’t. I just know common misconceptions when I talk about my study.” He says.

“Understood.” Zablex said. “Do you have a name and title you go by?”

“Jeffrey.” He says. “Or Jeff. Either works.”

“I don’t want compensation. It’s not like I have Mesothelioma.” He sighs. “I’ll help out here and there but we can’t all be liable to do this.”
Yeah. It’s such a hassle. There’s no way for me and the rest to wanna do this.

“You don’t happen to have a card with contact information, do you?” He asks.