Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

OOC: Wouldn’t someone being aware of and alerted to their presence be equivalent to discovery?

IC: Zablex continues walking, holding his obsidian escrima tightly in his hand as his gaze darted about, alerted by that feeling from before. This walking was him patrolling the area the group was resting in.

The Figure seemed to be completely gone by now, but it seemed that some vehicles were arriving in the distance. Somehow, it appeared that the CIA had managed to track the group down. They would have to hurry if they wanted to remain undetected.

Zablex walks back to the group, “We need to move now; CIA’s coming.” He said. (@Runa)

Vaarinty doesn’t move. “There’s someone else out there that’s a bit more trouble.” He says.

“Such as?” Jeffrey asks, concerned.

“Another one of the Helmitki Kunin.” He responds. “Loimu.”

“Honestly,” Zablex said, “I’d rather deal with this ‘Loimu’ than a bunch of CIA people.” He wasn’t joking.

“Oh really?” He’s hear a female voice ask. “Are you sure?”

Vaarinty cowered down and hugged up against the wall.

“Nice to meet you too.” Zablex said as he activated the Aquamarine Conduit and grounded himself so he wouldn’t phase through the ground. “Loima, I presume?”

“Your grasp of English is impressive, read a lot?” He asked, complimenting her.

“No, I’m just not an idiot like Myrsky.” She says, walking around the wall.

She had red hair down to the center of her back and a fiery stare glaring at the group. “Now hand over the traitor and no one gets hurt.” She swings her mace in circles a few times.

Vaarinty readied his hammer in a defensive stance on the ground.

Shelby sat and watched.

Jeffrey waited for a good opening.

“You’ve all been outside time for ages, any sentence he would’ve gotten is moot now.” Zablex said, “Tell me, what is your Conduit?” He asked as he readied his escrima, making sure it was in plain view of her, and stood between her and Vaarinty.

OOC: what does Ruby do?

“Firaxis.” She said, the red gem in her head glowing. “And he recieved no sentence. He must pay, the King demands it, for his crimes against our kingdom.” The head of her mace bursts into flame.

“Fire, my favorite classical element.” Zablex said, “You’re a Mage after my own heart.”

“Can we not resolve this without anyone getting hurt at all?” He asked, brandishing the escrima.

His mind was at work, forming potential strategies to counter Loimu’s mace.

OOC: Dibs on that conduit for a collection. That comment about Loimu being a Mage after his heart felt like really bad flirting and it felt weird to type.

“Handing over Vaarinty.” She repeats. The underside of her left gauntlet starts glowing an amber color as well.

“I dunno,” Eliza mutters, “Maybe if you keep flirting with her you can raise a family.” She moves to stand between Vaarinty and Loima, one hand clutching her pendant.

“Or, we can try to find a compromise.” He suggested, “You are in a strange world and will need individuals that know it; harm me and you lose one of those individuals and life gets harder for you.” He explained, “keep me alive and show mercy and I may share some helpful knowledge about the world.”

“I’d hate to hurt someone as lovely as you.” He said. He found her pretty and didn’t want to ruin that by hurting her. That and it wasn’t very polite to hurt a lady.

OOC: cringe levels rising.

1 Like

She narrows her eyes. “I’ve faced many dangerous foes, and this world would be no different.” She said, anger in her voice. “The honor of our kingdom is currently more important. And you seem to be trying to dig yourself in a hole, here.” She swings at Zablex with her blazing mace.

“I wasn’t being serious!” Eliza snaps. She can feel her heart trying to beat its way out of her chest; this wasn’t good. Dealing with Myrsky had been hard enough; if Zablex turned on them this would probably be impossible.

He rolls to evade. Swinging heavy weapons like that, even when mastered, can often leave big openings. Openings an opponent could exploit.

He doesn’t waste words and tries to strike her in the back. Oh, how I dread your despair when you learn your kingdom’s basically a myth now. he thought.

An amber colored crystal barrier would block him, then shatter as she turned around to swing. A layer of the gem would grow out of the glowing spot on her gauntlet and cover it, ready to extend however she needed.

Zablex tried to evade, “Odd choice of discussion.” He said, “However, I regret to inform you that your kingdom’s vanished into myth; almost nobody believes what your people can do.”

He tries to counterstrike her, set her off balance at minimum.

Eliza backs up, almost running into Vaarinty. “We should get moving,” she whispers over her shoulder. “Maybe we can lose her again.”