Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

Hope blinked and sat up.
“Ugh…” she stood up shakily, her head bleeding a bit.
She stumbled back.

“Yeah, figured. I don’t think I’d be intimated by a teenager in a CIA uniform either, if I’m being honest” Bailey admits, pulling out the gun, turning off the safety. “A teenager in a CIA uniform with a gun, though? Maybe.” He doesn’t aim, he wasn’t going to shoot unless he absolutely had to.

1 Like

“Some blunt boomerang looking device doesn’t scare me either.” He said, attempting to fling it out of Bailey’s hand using Telekinesis.

Vaarinty had just about finished, cooling the metal on the crown.

As he did so, Hope rushed forwards and tried to kick at him again.

Bailey tries keeping a grip. He keeps it in his hand, but it shakes from the telekenesis. If he tried aiming, it would for sure not hit. “If it doesn’t bother you, why are you trying to get rid of it?” Bailey inquiries

1 Like

The force would have only been a quick but strong tug, so he wouldn’t have to struggle. “Because you think it will help you. I may not believe it harmful, but at the same time I’m not stupid enough to let you keep it, in case I am somehow wrong.” He sees Vaarinty in the corner of the room. “There you are, traitor! Prepare to meet your fate after what you attempted to do!” He says, starting over that way.

Vaarinty quickly started placing the gems into the newly fixed crown, fear in his eyes, mixed with…excitement.

Hope stepped in front of him.
“Nononono, i don’t think so.”

One of his Conduits would glow, and he’d phase into two half-transparent forms of himself in front of her, half overlapped, before disappearing and reappearing behind her, first in that form, then changing back to his normal form. He continued towards Vaarinty.

Vaarinty finished the crown and stood up…laughing. “Too little too late, King.”

1 Like

Hope blinked.
“Am I-?” She touched her head, her hand coming away with blood.
She turned to Bailey.
“Was that-?”
@Axels

“Yeah. He just did that.” Bailey aims his gun at the King, making sure the safety was off.

1 Like

Hope shook her head.
“I-I don’t feel so good.” She muttered, staggering.

Eliza clutches her pendant in her fist. Was this it? Was it over?

Bailey looks over to her. “Take a breather. Get out if you have to. If you can

What do we do? Will bullets even work? What if it kills him?

Vaarinty floated into the air, then the space around him warped, and he disappeared. King Keddagsadz whipped around to look at everyone. “Fools! Do you have any idea what you’ve just done?!” He yells at them.

Shelby took a step back. Something didn’t seem quite right here.

Jeff stood up, the ringing in his head clearing up.

1 Like

Zablex gave the King a defiant glare, “You’re a long way from your castle, Your Magesty.” he growled, trying to grab a weapon, anything, to take him down in some way.

“Why did you let him fix it?” He continues, enraged. “That thing should never have been created!” He takes a step forwards in rage.

Jeff stopped. Something didn’t line up here. “But I thought…” He started.

Shelby whispered to Zablex. “Actually I think we’re technically in part of his castle.”

The half-finished sword might be found laying somewhere on the ground.

1 Like

“Excuse me?” He asked as he tries to stand up, “Last I recall,” he groaned, “you commissioned him to make it those hundreds of years ago.” Zablex was using the sword like a walking stick/cane. “Unless history, as it tends to, turned fiction into ‘fact’.”

“I did.” He growled. “But after I saw what it could do, especially in his hands, I commanded it destroyed. He didn’t listen, and I believe you know the rest.” He said pushing past them. “Now I need to go find him before he finds the extent of what he can do.”

Bailey sighs. “Dangit. We’re the bad guys, aren’t we?”

1 Like

Zablex growled, “Good luck finding him; he knows what this world is like ever since that book conduit was used.” He told the king in a tired laugh. “If he is such a threat as you claim, he’s long gone by now and you have no clue where to start looking.”

The tone he used showed a subtle offer : Zablex knew a way that could help the King; make him an asset to his hunt.