Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

“Walk over the circle, the tugging and glowing will stop.” Jeff tells him. “Say, what gemstone is it anyways?”

Rodian replies,
“…moonstone.”
He goes to the circle.

Ike glances at Zablex “Last minute studying?”

Runa thinks for a moment. “Gravity.” He says, mostly to himself.

As soon as he crossed into the circle, the necklace would return to normal.

“Kind of.” He said. “It’s more just practicing when I don’t have the instrument on hand and I don’t think folks would appreciate a sudden squeak or screech from a flubbed note on recorder in a bus.” He said.

Rodian looks at the pendant, which was tied around his right wrist,
“Huh…”

Try focusing on it, and jump." Jeff said.

Rodian jumped.

His jump would be double the height of a normal jump, and he would feel quite a bit lighter.

Rodian thought himself,
“Weird…I guess this is useful…”

“I’d think so. I think it works on other things as well.” Jeff said. “That said, I need some help.”

He nods and rubs his eyes. “Okay then.” Ike uses his jacket sleeve to wipe his watery eyes.

Rodian nods, thinking of the possibilities on what he can use the power on.

“What’s wrong?” He asks.

Well, maybe I should try to practice on my flute; sight-reading and going through the motions will only get me so far. he thought.

“Twitchy Eye. Don’t worry about it.” He sits back and relaxes a bit

He nods and pulls out his recorder, contemplating if he should try to practice it for real on the bus.

“There’s more of these things out there. They’re called Conduits, and I need help finding them before more dangerous people do.” He says.

Mokuzai might find a train nearby, stopped for some reason with a cargo hold for hay open to the air, for a plot convenient way to his destination.

Rodian wonders,
“Conduits? I’m guessing they amplify the output of the stone?”

“They channel the power inside the stone that otherwise can’t seem to be measured.” Jeff said. “Basically making them more magical than even most civilizations of old believed them.”

1 Like

Rodian nods, writing notes on what he heard.