Conduit: Race for Power

Sounds like a solid plan.

BTW, I’m gonna be away from my phone over the weekend, so could you try not to get too deep into the plot before I can introduce my character?

2 Likes

No problem.

1 Like

Oh yeah, also monday.

Name: Masdor
Appearance: Blonde hair, blue eyes, 5’ 9", thin-ish build
Place of Origin: Oxfordshire, England
Conduit Type: Silver ring
Gemstone: Turquoise
Personality/Bio: Masdor a little shy, and has some anxiety. He’s lived a farely normal life so far. He received his conduit from his brother as a gift.
Misc: He has asthma

1 Like

It’s up!

1 Like

Name: Holly Smith
Gemstone: Pure Quartz (White Quartz)
Conduit: A Golden Wristwatch gifted from her father
Place of Origin: Unknown Location in Africa
Appearance: She has dyed black hair with stark white skin and blue eyes. She tends to wear as much clothes as she can to cover her skin out of fear of the big bad sunburn.
Her favorite outfit is a black Peter Pan collar dress with a jean jacket in an attempt to imitate American fashion style.
Bio: An albino born at birth. Her parent were wealthy businessmen who ended up giving her free reign on her life at a young age under the condition that she didn’t spend time in the household due to the fear of her being an albino and the fact they had money. She decided to spread her time at a special boarding school with occasional visit from her parents. The school eventually got disbanded and her gem started acting up. Due to irrational fears of Albino Hunts there and her gem acting up, she decided to go to the United States in part due to her love for American culture.

I have a crippling addiction help.

I like it, except for the conduit being a watch. Remember that all these conduits were made in medieval times. I don’t think they had wristwatches back then. A good substitute would e a bangle/braceletthey’re basically the same thing. It’d be just like a watch, it just couldn’t tell time.

Could I have it so they transferred the location of the original conduit?

Also wrist watch started in the 15th century so towards the end of the Mediveal era and were spring powered

Watch - Wikipedia
So based off the wiki article it says they appeared as early as the 14th century and then later in the article saying they appeared in Europe in the 15th I guess.

Then I guess go for it. The since you pointed that out to me, We could say that they were slightly ahead of the curve in making watches, and had the gem and runes in the center of the watchface. Make it so the gem powers it to an extent, because it’s quartz and piezoelectric properties are a thing.

also, I checked out of curiosity, there is a difference between a bracelet and a bangle. Bangles are one singular piece, while bracelets are the segmented ones.

added edit to other post

I mean most wrist watches back then are pretty bad

Also from the article on Wikipedia about the history of watches

These ‘clock-watches’ were fastened to clothing or worn on a chain around the neck. They were heavy drum-shaped cylindrical brass boxes several inches in diameter, engraved and ornamented. They had only an hour hand. The face was not covered with glass, but usually had a hinged brass cover, often decoratively pierced with grillwork so the time could be read without opening. The movement was made of iron or steel and held together with tapered pins and wedges, until screws began to be used after 1550. Many of the movements included striking or alarm mechanisms. They usually had to be wound twice a day. The shape later evolved into a rounded form; these were later called Nuremberg eggs. Still later in the century there was a trend for unusually-shaped watches, and clock-watches shaped like books, animals, fruit, stars, flowers, insects, crosses, and even skulls (Death’s head watches) were made.

I find this stuff super interesting.

1 Like

Correct me if I missed one, but I think all the PMs have been updated.

Also, Jade still hasn’t had all its powers revealed. It has one more when amplified, it just needs physical contact to work.

you missed both of mine

Did I?

FYI, I updated the first post, so people didn’t have to track down the information after they asked more questions if they wished to

I assumed you’d do an update post
My bad

1 Like

Name: Shelby
Appearance: Somewhat shorter hair, brownish red in color, with heterochromic eyes, one auburn and one green. Wears a jean jacket over a plain purple tee ■■■■■, with black leggings and grey sneakers, and her bangle on her right wrist
Place of Origin: Western Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Conduit Type: Bangle
Gemstone: Topaz
Personality/Bio: generally peppy and funny, and a bit airheaded at times.
Misc: An old classmate of Jeff’s

1 Like

Are you still accepting new characters?

Yes. Yes I am. It might be easier if they were British or in Britain for some reason, though, for convenience.

Name: Christine Warren
Appearance: Tall, middle-aged, wears glasses, suit, and high heels. Has grayed hair tied back in a bun.
Place of origin: Britain
Conduit Type: Wedding ring
Gemstone: Diamond
Personality/Bio: Formerly a professor at a prestigious university, Christine had learned and taught all about the legends of the conduits to her students. Eventually, the C.I.A. recognised her vast knowledge of the conduits and recruited haer as an agent to help them find the conduits. While she isn’t necessarily evil, she is out for herself and will do anyhting to advance her own ends.

(Assuming you do accept her, her conduit will have already been activated by the time she is introduced in the RP, for the sake of the story that i’m trying to craft for her.)

Wouldn’t that make conduits public wise knowledge? That kinda defeats the point of what the conduits are in the rp

then again the only thing we know about the conduits as of now origin wise is the starting prompt.