Constraction Pieces in Modern Lego Sets

Apparently BS01 weren’t the only ones who thought that head was demented.

1 Like

Explains why I was able to get two extra beast feet from LEGO in July as part of a Bricks and Pieces order but not trans orange size 3 bones that I need to complete Ikir ;-;

3 Likes

Anyone seen the new Ninjago sets? We’re getting the Mistika fin piece in teal, which should be useful for the Lariska contest. I think as of now it, the Glatorian neck and Hordika neck are the the only G1 pieces still in production.

4 Likes

Bohrok eyes too

3 Likes

this is probably decently well known already, but I’ll post it because it isn’t in this thread yet.

71720 Fire Stone Mech from Ninjago has a printed CCBS shoulder armor add on piece on the forehead.

2 Likes

The 2021 overlord dragon has bionicle/hf scale katanas in purple.

It’s the first time we’re getting any large bladed weapons in this color despite getting a few of them at minifig scale.

We’re also getting this thing in white and it gives the weapon a sort of bony appearance. It would look great on a fish skeleton moc.

5 Likes

I have 5 of those large katanas in silver and they came in 2 Ninjago sets.

upcoming set 40461 Tulips has these spike things.

this part has actually appeared in quite a few system sets, new and old, but it’s technically a constraction part because it originated from hero factory.

3 Likes

I’m surprised the mold for the Mistika fin still exists to this day. I think it’s the only piece introduced in G1 that still exists today (besides Bohrok eyes).

5 Likes

And Glatorian neck

3 Likes

Oh yeah.

And the Hordika neck.

2 Likes

yeah.

and don’t forget 2L pins!

2 Likes

Truth to be told we don’t a actually really know which parts they still have the molds for and which not. For the longest time, we thought the Skrall armor piece was discontinued, yet they still used it in 2016 with Uniter Gali.
If I had to take a guess, I’d say they probably still have the molds for the more generic parts which they can use freely, but not the more specialized ones such as masks.

5 Likes

Plus Barraki eyes, I think those count.

4 Likes

spike things.

Giant bohrok eyes? These would be great for modding Lewa Master of Jungle or the Green Lantern ultrabuild. Either way, these tulips are a cheap source of them.

4 Likes

bada bing bada boom I resurrect this topic from its doom

This just got revealed today. Technically it’s not a constraction piece, but Harry’s cloth cloak is certainly constraction sized and looks like it could make a pretty sick trenchcoat.

6 Likes

and I thought we were friends

4 Likes

Yeah it sucks ccbs is getting the boot from LEGO. When it first came out I didn’t really like it mainly because it replaced bionicle but after a while I warmed up to it and grown to love it. Especially when mixed with g1 bionicle pieces. The new mixle joints are useful for mocing I would imagine. But cater to system too much for my taste.

5 Likes