Corona! The Golden Toa of Sunlight!

Last year I set out to answer two questions, 1 “how common are golden lego pieces these days?” and 2 “What is the most golden MOC that I could create?”

During the time of building, I have taken inspiration on quite a few builds, and the concept art of God Emperor of Mankind, from Warhammer 40k.

I have been working on this MOC for about a year now. Improving it slightly every now and then. At some point I got carried away with the whole gold motive, so you will see some pieces that have been painted gold. But don’t get too upset about it, I modified several pieces to get this build perfect ;D

And now, it is time to show the results. Meet Corona, the Golden Toa of Sunlight!

The crown is a bit askew so forgive for that.
Edit: Also, 3 days later I notice I had one of the wrists decorations backwards. The left one has the right way around XD
Here from the back
and with the Halo/Shield There is even gold underneath.

This MOC contains nearly 300 golden pieces in it, but more interestingly, it includes ALL of the fully golden masks, that were released during G2 run of Bionicle.

On the left shoulder, Gali’s golden mask
On the right, Lewa’s
If you take a look at the hips and the back of the thighs (on an upper picture) you will also see Tahu’s, Onua’s, Pohatu’s, and Kopaka’s golden masks.

Oh wait, you think I forgot the Golden skull spider mask right? Nope

This one I am quite proud of. The Golden skull spider mask, with golden claw pieces, makes a GREAT combination with Ekimu’s Mask of Creation. Creating more of a helmet/crown, rather than a mask.

Now this MOC might be the most ornate one I have ever built, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t posable.

It is well balanced. and has decent posability.

Thought that was all the gold right? Not a chance. This MOC build was based on the G2 uniter body type, so of course, there is the creature

Meet Aurum. The Creature of Sunlight!

´
Some of you may have noticed that I didn’t include the Mask of Control earlier, the reason for this is because it is hidden behind the Brutaka mask, on Aurum. I find this to be appropriate, for the union of the creature and the toa, allows better control over their element.

Oh did someone say union?

The pictures do no justice to this combination, it is the ■■■■■■■■ bionicle I have ever seen.
Here with the sword Here while two handing the sword.
I apologize that the pictures are distorded, my friend took the pictures with his phone. Some of them are like this for who knows what reason.

Here is a closer look at the Mask of Control

Now I have seen many MOCs during my life, and I am confident when I say, that this is THE MOST GOLD MOC in the world. Maybe not the most gold pieces used in a MOC, maybe not the highest % of gold pieces in a MOC (I mean you could just put two golden pieces together and that would be 100% golden). But in just sheer consistently golden surface, I think this MOC wins.

Hoping to hear feed back from you guys, and for Ven to review my MOC on M.O.C Spotlight :slight_smile:
Don’t forget to leave a like.

87 Likes

so much gold, i love it XD

4 Likes

I didn’t like gold

Until I saw this.

Well done.

8 Likes

It’s everywhere. All I can see is gold. This is so ornate… so golden… just… wow.

5 Likes

golden skinned being

8 Likes

All it needs now are a fudge load of skulls and it would please even the holy Emperor himself. Nice work.

6 Likes

That’s a lot of budda.

2 Likes

there is so much gold

sunlight yellow… OVERDRIVE!

3 Likes

Looks great…
I think it needs another color though.

1 Like

Watch out for Horus my dude

5 Likes

Dude my eyes

3 Likes

There are other colors. They are called black and grey XD

1 Like

Very cool concept for a moc
But I think you forgot the golden skull villain mask.

2 Likes

Way too many clashing textures in my opinion, which kinda hurt the all-gold motif of this MOC (gold is usually smooth). Also, the wings look really jumbled up and unorganized.

4 Likes

Yeah that one was never available in Finland :frowning:

1 Like

I think you have a good shot at the MOC spotlight. The sheer amount of
greebling you managed on this guy is astounding, and the whole thing looks amazing. Be proud - you made a pure-gold MOC that did it right!

2 Likes

Well, everything is gold, meaning no heresy here! Good job

3 Likes

Man I love golden and translucent pieces. I like this one.

2 Likes

Those two blue pins… Not sure what to think.

Fantastic Moc

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

2 Likes

This MOC is gold.

Yes I just went there.

2 Likes