Could a LEGO Ideas Project Save Bionicle/Constraction?

Well… maybe, but I don’t imagine that will be the majority. To fully appreciate the set, you sort of need to already be a fan. If not, it’s just kind of a collection of scenes.

YES. Amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wow this is awesome!

2 Likes

Keep in mind that was before there was a clear indication that Bionicle was allowed on Ideas and before we had such a perfect model from the building, concept, and presentation sides.

3 Likes

I was working on this model since, I think April, so the rule didn’t affect my project to much, it helped with publicity though and gave me a lot more motivation to finish it sooner, then I thought I would

4 Likes

And before that, there was an outright dismissal of Bionicle. Any retired theme actually.

They’ve used Tahu’s sword in several Racers sets.

Also, I doubt it would lead to a constraction Bionicle revival, but I could definitely see a line of a few more display sets, like the Minecraft Micrroworlds.

1 Like

Ah, that figures.

I certainly won’t rule it out (depends on how it sells if it ends up a set), but it seems unlikely. This looks to me more like a one-time deal. I don’t imagine lego will see much more out of it than that.

2 Likes

Not really. It never stated that in the rules. The rules did mention retired sets, but not retired lines. So if you had a new idea based on a existing theme (that wasn’t a revamp of a specific past set) they would have probably still accepted it.

If anything, this update was just a clarification, not a change in the rules.

2 Likes

Just wanted to congratulate you, @Sokoda, on rocketing to 5000 supporters this fast!

This is really an incredible feat from the entire community, let’s keep it going, guys!

P.S. This is also my formal apology to the community. I was the first person to reply to this topic, and I did it with rather baseless and unfaithful skepticism . Thanks everyone for proving me wrong.

5 Likes

Folks, we’re not at 6,000 yet, we have a problem on our hands

Of course, I am joking. 1,000 a day is completely unrealistic, and the fact that the project kept it up for so long is an incredible feat. If we get 1,000 a month we will still reach it in incredible time.

1 Like

We’re pretty friggen close :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@PakariNation99 thank you , I still can’t believe it and we’re at 6000 by now! The community really shows what they can do!

4 Likes

Yeah, I just saw. The sheer speed of this is insane :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey David, I think you might be interested in my lego ideas Bionicle submission. You can go support it if you want at: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a24f7d5b-60dc-4bc3-8f0b-101310a18dd5

Decidedly not

1 Like