Could new Matoran be Created? (can they actually die)

The thing is, the GB’s never intended them to care. They were never meant to be sentient. They were just small robots keeping a big robot alive. The awakening started by Velika started the spread of Saipience in the MU, but before they wouldn’t have cared.

3 Likes

That’s a good point but now I wonder why the great beings didn’t just make them indestructible. They can resurrect the dead I think they can pull off invincability.

2 Likes

Since this does not seem to have been answered;
“This system did not work with all beings: Beings whose bodies or minds[9] were destroyed beyond repair, or not composed of Protodermis, such as the Makuta, could not be revived on the Red Star.” - Bs01, Red Star#Features

Basically, you can’t be revived if you’re electrocuted or something similar because your brain is fried, and you can’t be revived if the body is destroyed by disintegration, acid, explosions or anything similar, since that would too destroy the mind.
As for being disrupted or blocked, we know that you do not get revived if you are outside the range of the Red Star, as was the case with the Matoran known as Reysa. The same thing would likely happen if it was somehow blocked. Since we don’t know how the Red Star detects dead bodies, we don’t really know if it only teleports recently killed invidivuals, or if it teleports any dead body which is in range.

4 Likes

well, that kinda depends. they aren’t really resurrecting the dead. They’re just taking an AI personality construct, and putting it in a new body.

It’s like your computer, if your machine is damaged, but you have a backup drive, you can load the information from your backup to a new machine.

As for invincibility, there is a material called protosteel, but it was too hard to work with in universe for it to be used for anything but weapons and the Makuta’s bodies post-evolution. It was created by the GB’s, why they didn’t use it to make all the MU inhabitants, I dunno, but it I had to guess probably the same reason we don’t use fancy-high-tech materials IRL, it’s cheaper and easier to just use good, old-fashioned steel.

BS01 page on protosteel.

2 Likes

The only issue I have here is why would they take the body if all they need is the soul?

I don’t think the great beings have to worry about expenses. They’re basically gods, they should be able to do a lot more than steel.

2 Likes

To see if they need to make a new body, or if they can simply repair the old one. if they can’t use it, they scrap the old body for parts, and re-use it. It’s a practicality thing.

Not really, to the MU inhabitants, they seem like that, but to others, not so much. To the inhabitants on Bara Magna, they were the jerks who broke the planet.

They were the same species as everyone else on Bara Magna, they just ignored the tribal affiliation because they loved the Sciences so much. They were smarter than most, but no more powerful than the other BM inhabitants, other than their tech.

BS01 page on the GB’s.

3 Likes

Okay that makes sense

The image of them in the comics made it seem like they were more than any inhabitant of bars magna

2 Likes

True, they became the figures of legend, but in reality, they were basically a bunch of nerds and geeks (nothing against wither of these groups, being in the latter) with more materials and power than they knew what to do with. Though some were wiser than others, like Agonce.

You should definitely read that BS01 article though, it’ll answer a lot of your questions. (BS01 will answer a lot of question anyone has on bio.)

3 Likes

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. It might just be the image of them that’s throwing me off.

2 Likes

The comics can be wonkey at times.

2 Likes

The books are a much better source of information. The 08 comic cut out a lot of the best parts of swamp of secrets.

3 Likes

Understatement of the year.

BS01 is nice because they synthesize all this info from all these sources, and don’t let new information be added without health debate and fact checking, (unlike the Bionicle wiki).

2 Likes

I did not expect this topic to become so large! Biosector1 has so much information that I either can’t find it, or I forgot it… Haha…,

1 Like

And that’s why it exists!

1 Like

Which image are you referring to? The GBs were never clearly depicted in the comics.

1 Like

I made a mistake. I was thinking of the element lords. Here’s a blurry image

1 Like

It’s not that blurry

The original image was blurry. I garuntee it.

1 Like

Depends on the resolution. That picture appears blurry on BS01, (assuming that’s where you got it from) but here, it’s not so blurry, because it’s the proper size.

2 Likes