could Tahu use powers differently than rahkshi?

hello Greg!
If one of the powers Tahu absorbed was Fear (and i think that would be such a twist) would he be able to draw it out of a target in addition to inflicting it?
I.e. making a Skrall squad afraid, while taking fear out of the rookie toa next to him?

2 Likes

Toa could do that with their elements, sure, but I don’t think the powers work that way.
Tahu could absorb and redirect heat like you describe above. Disintegration, probably not.

But the power in question is not disintegration. The name says it all, it’s the power to disintegrate, and nothing else. Fear, though, is a bit more ambiguous as to whether it can be applied, or shifted from one person to another.

1 Like

I can’t recall an example of a rahkshi or makuta using powers like that. Tahu is a lower order being than a makuta, too, so I don’t know if he could.

Well, the melding AU Makuta had courage instead of fear, due to being more light-focused rather than shadow-focused. It might be that the base ability is just bravery manipulation; those with strong inner light can grant courage better, those with strong inner shadow can take courage away better. Since Tahu hasn’t purged his inner shadow but is on the side of good, he’s probably able to do both to some extent, maybe a bit better at granting courage than fear.

2 Likes