Could Toa Lesovikk be Umarak?

So I have this theory here [I have to link it because its a long one] that TL;DR speculates that the entire gen-2 timeline is in fact the original Gen-1, but entirely re-written from the ground up when Velika went back in time and prevented the Core War from ever happening, thus preventing the Shattering and the need for the Matoran Universe, effectively creating a utopia out of Spherous Magna, but with some faint echoes of the previous history, like the mask of creation, mask of Time, Makuta, the Toa Mata, and -according to my theory, Toa Lesovikk, only now he’s somehow Umarak the Hunter.

Its all a shoddily put together theory, but could it at all be possible that this is what happened and -in canon, not in real life, and that’s why the Gen-1 timeline just drops off entirely?

4 Likes

To my knowledge, there is no connection between G1 and G2, so I would guess the answer is no. Also, we don’t do time travel in BIONICLE, so I don’t see how Velika could have done that.

16 Likes

He would use the Vahi to go back to before the Core War, then use the Ignika or maybe just his manipulative skills to prevent the War from happening [I mean, you have a macguffin that literally has power over Time, so time travel would logically be inevitable]

Doesn’t the Vahi slow down time and not travel through it?

3 Likes

Yup, pretty much. Far as I’m aware, it also speeds time up, but I may be wrong.

6 Likes

Ah, yeah, my bad. Forgot to mention it. But yeah, I don’t think ANYTHING has shown it being able to time-travel (which, for this theory, would kinda make it fall apart).

2 Likes

I’m not sure it’s full powers were ever explored, and it was only ever used -briefly and with inexperience, by two Toa. It was showed to also be able to accelerate Time

Yes, but, given what we do know, it has never once been shown being able to travel through time.

No, it can’t. It can speed up or slow down time around a target, it cannot throw them into the past or future.

8 Likes

Its one of three of the most powerful masks EVER. Why should anyone assume that it’s only abilities are just to slow down or speed up time when the Ignika has a whole multitude of life-related powers? Its not a Great Mask, its a Legendary Mask

Greg has said that it can’t time travel. That’s not assumptions, it’s fact.

2 Likes

Yeah, Mr. Farshtey’s post right above yours has put this concept to rest. Sorry buddy, but the theory won’t work.

9 Likes

It’s not an assumption, Trotter. It was the official LEGO description of the mask powers. That’s all it does. We did not want time travel in BIONICLE because all you wind up with is the creation of loads of alternate timelines and a lot of confusion (look at what a mess it made of The Flash TV series).

7 Likes

Boy, was that a good decision… Looks at every major media story in existence

And to add onto what Mr. Farshtey said, G1 and G2 are in no way connected (as previously stated in this topic), so even if time travel was in some form possible, you still wouldn’t reach the island of Okoto because it doesn’t exist in G1.

3 Likes

If I recall correctly, a lot of people say that Bionicle had too complicated of a story in G1, making it hard to follow.

I don’t even want to imagine what would have happened if time travel was present.

2 Likes

What about the Kanohi Olisi (Mask of Alternate Futures) or the Kanohi Olmak (Mask of Dimensional Gates)? The former shows possible outcomes of the future while the latter can transport people into other dimensions (timelines) or locations.

No of course Okoto wouldn’t exist in G1 because Okoto only came to be established on a whole, unbroken planet, whilst Spherous Magna was shattered thousands of years ago, thus there could be no Okoto, but with history altered and the planet never having shattered, Okoto would eventually come to be

Also my TV remote has more abilities canonically than the Legendary Mask of Time [which only has ‘Pause’ and ‘Fast Forward’ buttons. Lame]

Do not double post. - Eljay

1 Like

Neither the Olisi nor the Olmak has anything to do with time travel though. Let’s put it this way – let’s say you are in our main BIONICLE timeline, which we will call Spherus Magna A. The Olisi can let you see a variety of possible futures for A, but you can’t go to any of them, you can only view them, and none of them are set in stone. And if you go to other dimensions using the Olmak, you are still not affecting A or traveling within its timeline – you are in B, C, D, E, or F, etc.

The point of not allowing time travel is that you would be affecting A all the time, and anyone who reads comics or watches genre shows knows that time travel ends up being a massive headache for the writers. There always end up being plot holes they forget to explain.

4 Likes

But by going back to the very point of it all -the Shattering, you don’t really need to know any of the Bionicle lore because the Shattering predates all of that. No knowledge of the lore beyond a planet shattering event would be required. Also, the rewrite to the timeline wouldn’t create another new timeline, but would rewrite the original into a different one [like in the ‘Flashpoint’ event, but without anyone having to be familiar with any of the lore]

Furthermore, this would provide closure to the unfinished Gen1 timeline as we now know how it all ended, what Velika’s plan was; all that.

• There are events that predate The Shattering.
  • There would still be knowledge required, such as how it happened.

At that point, just reboot it.

G1 had closure. Discounting the only remaining serials, the story did end - with Makuta’s defeat. And I believe Mr. Farshtey has elaborated on Velika’s plan in the past.

4 Likes