Creating Toa/Elemental Discs?

How were Kanoka discs made with elemental powers (that is, Toa discs), imbued with such energy? What differed in the process of making these Kanoka compared to ordinary Metru Nui discs?

4 Likes

Yeah, for that matter, how did the Kanoka and Kanohi get imbued with power in the first place? Why did the Great Beings make it so that the Matoran (and Toa/Turaga) needed to wear masks?

3 Likes

“The nature and level of the disk’s power is influenced by the qualities of the Protodermis utilized, its purity, and the proficiency of the Matoran forging the disk.” According to Biosector01. Although there isn’t a citation for this.

As for Kanohi being needed, my understanding is its like a portable infinite battery. And I believe Greg has said this before.

1 Like

In a vacuum this explanation makes sense, but in a universe where numerous species can get away with not wearing them, it begs the question why only certain beings were saddled with that limitation.

1 Like

Greg also said we don’t know what weaknesses other species have as a pay-off for not needing Kanohi

1 Like

I mean, we know the Skakdi eat, for example, so they probably have to eat regularly like we do instead.

1 Like

Getting a little sidetracked guys, I was asking what the difference was in making Toa Discs, how they got the Elemental Power in there compared to a normal Metru Nui disc power. I already read that bit on creating normal discs.

1 Like