Crotos, the Veiled Lantern Bearer

And the fallen, those who have died by sword and arrow, see the single amber glow of the haunting being who would guide them to the other side.

The build of this guy was rather fun and different for me, as I challenged myself to incorporate a large amount of system pieces into his build. While he may seem somewhat cluttered in spaces, he overall came out the way I wanted him to look. That, and this is the sixth time he has been rebuilt. As always, I welcome your comments and constructive criticism!

Edit #4: Features the return of the cloth! Removed Dreadspine and replaced it with the lantern staff.

Edit #5: Added another set of eyes, some more spikes, and rebuilt the lantern staff.

Edit #6: Majorly overhauled the redesign of Crotos yet again. Removed the lantern staff, returned Dreadspine to his left hand, and gave him an entirely new head. Unfortunately, the cloth had to be hot glued to the mask, as I had no other way to attach it. I also bulked him up quite a bit, as some of the tips I had received tended to like the heavier, more menacing version of Crotos. And looking back on it, so do I. So here is the latest edition of Crotos, The Lantern Bearer:

Original:

EDIT #3: You know how I said that my last edit would be my last edit? Well I just couldn’t keep my hands off this guy, so I decided to give him a new head, gave him his sword Dreadspine back, removed the cloth altogether, and gave him the soul lantern necklace. Let me know what you think of the new Crotos and if you like him or if you liked his other variations better. Cheers!

His Sword, Dreadspine:

EDIT #2: Finally decided to put the wings and tail back on, and I have to say I’m rather pleased with the way this MOC looks now. This is most likely the last update I’ll be doing for him, so let me know what you think!

Original Crotos V2:

Original Crotos Pictures:

27 Likes

Holy Kane Ra, this is a big one! You have a talent for making incredible G1 inspired looks out of the CCBS system, I can safely say I am Terri-bad at that. Excellent work.

Definitely cluttered. Try making it easier to distinguish where the limbs start and the body ends.

Thanks!

@Jakanader Yeah, I definitely need to do some cleaning up on this one.

Nice work, it’s difficult making big mocs. Is that a painted mask?

Thank you and yes, it’s a custom painted mask.

1 Like

Woah! It’s cluttered but I don’t even care since it’s so good.

Nice decluttering. Good mic all around.

I think you should keep the cloth, and use the lantern thing as a side build. The new head looks nice.

Thanks for the tip! You can see the updated version now.

I really like the style you’re going for. All it really needs is a little more refinement and streamlining.

Love it it’s so complex yet so simple
I couldn’t build something so complex in the way that this is unless I had all the right pices and enough time also I like the original’s disighn better it’s more menicing