Cryptozoology(Cryptids)

Serbian Dragon from South East Serbian Folklore.

Is that a cryptid, or just ancient myth?
Because I think it has to be thought to have been seen in modern times to be a cryptd.

Its still believed in modern times, specially in secluded areas. There are literal tours being done to visit the areas where these monsters were previously sighted.

2 Likes

My long lost cousin was last spotted 1934 on a trip to loch ness

1 Like

You’re cousins with drift wood?

3 Likes

No, he’s a plesiosaur.

1 Like

My sister was super into Cryptids back in the day, and I kinda followed along.

They always sorta freaked me out though.

1 Like

Oh gosh you do not know how afraid I was to live out in the sticks when I was in elementary school. The Pacific Northwest (where I live) is Bigfoot territory so I was always scared to go out at night because I thought Bigfoot would kill me. Bigfoot is such a huge deal over here and people always wanna find it and I’m thinking “Nope I’d rather not try to find him.”

I’m not quite as afraid nowadays but you never know.

4 Likes

My sister used to tell me that if I went into the forest by my house, Bigfoot would eat me.
Also, the Flatwoods monster is the superior cryptids.

I’m actually so crazy about it that I’m writing a full on comic book about the Flatwoods monster (called braxites) and other cryptids titled, Mark and Zach’s Guide to Cryptozoology. If you can’t tell, I like cryptids way to much.

Ah yes of course. It’s not an internet forum without people talking about cryptids. Seeing as though I am the first person to talk in this topic for the first time in a while I have to say that I do believe that some things are out there( just go watch MrBallen) but I also feel like half the things that are said can easily be disproven. Like the government being lizard people(although that one might be true). When you get down into the facts you may go “huh, these people probably have schizophrena and are just seeing things” then you have the stories that can’t be disproven just because how eeriely true and plausible they are, like bigfoot or Zuckerburg being a robot. In reality its just probably cracks in the simulation that we for some reason believe we live in.

1 Like

There was a bout wherein I was pretty well obsessed with the idea of cryptids. Not that I really believed in them, but the idea of them was fascinating. Cryptozoology, alchemy, psionic military excursions… they each dance along the line that divides perception from reality, and to me, that is the most engaging territory to navigate (or, actually, to get lost in).

More often than not, I’m certain these ideas are severely misinformed, but that’s beside the point: these concepts are informed, in some form or another, and it’s the transfer and transformation of that information that most interested me. Either someone saw a grizzly bear, a man in a suit, a previously uncategorized species of North American ape, or just a flickering shadow behind a bush. In any case, someone chose, or permitted themselves to host, a particular perception of a particular reality, and a transformation of data such as that can allow us to begin mapping out the hidden natures of the people involved, and really those are the more critically elusive entities that deserve our vigilance.

The real cryptids are the personality traits we overlooked along the way

2 Likes

I agree with your assessment about cryptids, but I also think that cryptids are just the things we think about. It’s our subconscious continiously thinking not about how these things couldn’t be real, but the possibility that these things may also be true. We don’t think logically when we are faced with an illogical fact that may or may not be true. It’s like it brings out a sense of wonder in us along with a primal sense if fear.
Thank you for listening to my TED talk

1 Like

I agree with you on that. End of the day, I’ll probably never believe in Bigfoot… but I can’t wait to be proven wrong. Honestly, what a breath of fresh air that would be in the modern world, where every land is mapped, and every creature catalogued.

2 Likes

Just wait until we go to mars and other planets. This is merely the beggining of sightings of creatures.

2 Likes

Hey, could be non-terrestrial lifeforms out there as well, gliding through deep space or along the surface of the magnetosphere. We’re so deeply accustomed to the idea of carbon based biomass, we might walk past alternate forms of life/consciousness every day and not even notice.

I’m comfortable saying I’d believe in that kind of life form sooner than a biological entity here in my backyard that nobody noticed somehow. And I still hope the biological one shows up

Hahahaha

note to self, stay indoors at all times

1 Like

Only go out on cloudy nights, not clear ones

That’s when they can see you

Just remember,

the government can always see you

Their loss. I gave up on preserving my social image hours ago

1 Like

only hours ago.
Screenshot 2022-05-11 8.39.04 PM

1 Like