Crystal ('Synthetic')

Welp, this is late… can’t belive I forgot to put this one up before Tyrant and Crescent…

===========

Crystal is Silver’s ‘daughter’, or at least as close of an equivalent as one of her species can have, being blood and biologically related.

In truth Crystal could be considered a partial clone of Silver, created from her first, and last, attempt at recreating her species reproducing tech after she learned about the other M-M’s kids, having been carrying a few vials of DNA that was possibly compatible with her own, modifying the needed strands to ensure her ‘daughter’ would have a partially different growth and genetic structure to her own.

Silver had expected her idea to go near perfectly.

She’d made the proper machines, even if they were a bit crude, she’d combined the DNA strands, even having gone so far as to use most of her saved DNA strands in creating test versions so as to properly calibrate her machines and ensure no problems should have (probably) arisen, but as one can guess, her plan didn’t go as perfectly as she thought it would, not that she was upset, no she was actually quite happy and intrigued, giving her something more to study.

From what she could gather some form of unknown DNA had somehow contaminated her samples, merging its own DNA within her mixtures, something most likely venomous at that seeing as to Crystal’s ‘abilities’ and her left sides mutations and following extra limb growth.

Along with that was an error in the machine she couldn’t have really dealt with anyways, the amount power needed for the growth advancement and how well our own earth tech could handle it. The machine broke down early, releasing Crystal before she had reached the standard adult age, leaving her body in a state of hormonal destabilization and mental fluxes, which she would have to naturally grow out of, I.e. her teens.

As one can guess this left Crystal in what tends to be an easily irritable state of emotion, favouring adding dramatics over reacting in a ‘normal’ way Sighs, dramatic bursts of offense, exaggerated groans and movements, you know, the usual (stereotypical) teenager way.

She’s quite a bit of a tomboy/punk personality wise, preferring to explore and fight more than staying in one area, learning (unless it’s something she’s interested in, I.e. fighting, some of Silver’s science techniques, interesting places to explore, etc) or dealing with others not around her age and sometimes not even them) or whose company she enjoys.

It definitely didn’t help after her mutations started up a few weeks after being released from her growth tube, especially emphasizing Silver’s hypothesis of the contaminated DNA being from a venomous species.

Her mutations only emerged across her entire left side, consisting of her left eye changing colour and gaining a more animalistic look, limbs colour differences and armour, changing into more of a natural carapace than removable armour across said limbs and the growth of an extra, claw ended, limb from the upper left of her back.

Along with this was also the gaining of the ability to naturally produce venom, luckily it is quite weak and diluted, at most only able to cause a slight tingling or pins and needles sensation where ever it was applied/affected. Unfortunately due to it not being a natural occurrence or ability for what is most of her species and also genetic build she can’t properly use it or store it, eventually creating too much for her to contain, allowing for the poison to affect her, unless she uses a good amount of venom, like, around every hour.

Fortunately Silver quickly fixed that, installing draining tubes across her, which caused the venom to be extracted outside of her body and causing it to be crystallized into the purple crystals seen on her left side.

Currently Crystal needs to snap them off about every couple of weeks to clear up the tubes but at least they look cool, and she does have an interesting deal going on with Nekrat & Kelratz for them, both paying her in weapon testing/upgrades, adventuring and sparring partners, Nekrat mistakenly believing that if he collects enough of the crystals, melts them and condenses them he’ll eventually get a highly effective poison (Silver’s already tested it, it won’t, or at least not for like years) and Kelratz just likes ‘em ‘cause they’re shiny.

She also later modified her own body to more match up with her mutated side/punkish look, finishing, and using, a synthetic crystal formula silver had started to make once, to make herself armour and limb modifiers, the crystal actually as strong as her original parts.

She also made herself a prosthetic extra limb in emulation of her ‘natural’ one, to balance out her look as she says.

Silver tends to call Crystal ‘Synth’, a pet name she gave her due to her state as a ‘synthetic’ being. Now, while that may seem insulting to others, to Silver it’s pretty much normal, even nice in her books. Silver is not a bad ‘mom’ in her ways but due to own species natural tendency to science and their genetically modified restrictions on emotions (which Silver actually did not do to Crystal, having never realized that was done due to her usual lack of interest in such. Accounting for her much higher emotional levels than Silver even despite her ‘blue-eyes’ traits, when combined with her teenage levels of hormonal flux) causing for her to see no problems in certain ways she acts, such as her high levels of scientific interest in Crystal’s genetics, pet name, and the fact that she literally has no understanding of what Crystal is going through, having been grown to a fully matured age on her home planet unlike Crystal who’s machine had broken down early.

Personality: Usually kinda grouchy, dramatic, huffy, semi-stereotypical teemager basically.

Loves a good adventure and can actually be pretty friendly, if in a rough way, if she likes you/enjoys your company enough, usually reserved only for those around her age, who’ll agree to adventure/fight with her and/or who’ll listen to her and leave her alone when she asks, such as Tekan, who pretty much covers three of the four, even if it is mainly from his natural tendency to listen to most given (and reasonable in his mind) ‘directives’.

Due to her mutations she can be quite aggressive, especially when fighting/rough-housing, which she loves, acting much more animalistically, growling, hissing, using her additional limbs quite a bit more than usual.

Other attributes: Usually fights with dual-wields, using either a sword-upside down sword combo or a sword-gun combo

Crystal armour and carapace are the same strength as average armour.

She’s quite a bit more flexible than most M-M’s, utilizing that skill in her adventures quite a bit.

Weapon combos:

Weapon combo - 1:

So here she is with an example of her preferred weapon combo when fighting, one sword in standard hold and the other in knife/stabby-stabby hold (as I like to call it =P).

Weapon combo - 2:

Of course when a longer range weapon is needed she’ll easily adapt to it, even if she needs to put down a sword for it, one’ll still always work for a quick defense.

Pose & Quotes:

Silver + Crystal - Pose & Quote:

“Aww, you’ve grown pretty tall my little Synthy"
“Uggh, mom! Stop trying to embarrass me!"

(Ignore the stand I had to put Crystal on, currently I’m using a more subpar area for my pics due to a room move, which is why my pictures are of a lesser quality as some of my older ones, and I can’t properly balance some poses due to the surface of the area not allowing for sticky-tack and/or similar to be used on it.)

===========

Crystal speaks in a turquoise (64-224-208) coloured version of this font: www.ffonts.net/Venomous.font

Mini-mayhems were created by Toa-Shifter

12 Likes

Looks at Sigmund.
Sigmund looks at computer screen.
Sigmund comments “Arrange a raid party now!”
Keltraz(Tarkur’s mov) and Azure stares at him “Why?” Both asks.
“We gonna hire a new fighter!” Sigmund replies.
Both makes a facepalm.

In all seriousness nice work!

1 Like

Synthetic: Hell Yeah! Fighto! Fighto!

‘Ey, thanks mate!

1 Like

No problem

1 Like