Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Jacques parries the blow with his rapier. “And no, but I don’t care, either.” He admits, trying to determine a next move. He moves his posiioning so as to place Blud between him and Ryko.

Ryko stepped away, walking into the middle of the bar.
He fired his pistol straight up.
“Hey, you guys! See that soldier? If you kill him, the Nikidians will leave!” he shouted to the whole of the bar.

Blud uses the excitement of the situation to point his gun at Jacques, before jumping backwards to see if he could make back up the stairs.

With this, the few people in the lobby of the inn they’re in started quarreling, attacking each other as one tried to get to Jacques, and the soldier had stopped him, everyone else following suit into the chaos.

Jacques looks at Blud. “No doubt more soldiers are on zeir way after zat gunshot.” He tells him. “You’ll be outnumbered soon.”

1 Like

Ryko levels his pistol at Jacques, aiming carefully. He grinned and pulled the trigger.

“Such is the pirate way, now if you excuse me.”
He finally loaded his empty flintlock, it had been a bluff the entire time.

Jacques sees the flash of gunpowder and jumps back as quick as he can, the bulled hitting his shoulder, bounding off the metal and going by his face, grazing his cheek. He then rushed in with a stab from his rapier before Ryko had a chance to reload.

The soldier, who had had time to retrieve his bayonet-ed musket, aimed it at Blud. “I’d stop right zeir.” He said to him.

1 Like

Blud points his now loaded pistol at the soldier,
“Do you want me to shoot your other shoulder, Boy!?”

The blade pierced Ryko’s thigh. He winced and pulled out his own sword, moving away and readying himself.

Jacques drew the blade out of Ryko’s thigh and stabbed again, this time aiming higher.

The soldier fires his gun. “No, I’d rather sous-mde like you get lost! C*e-toi!” He says

Blud is hit in the leg, he fire his flintlock at the soldier, now uncaring where it went, as long as it hit the soldier.

Ryko parried and returned with a stab of his own.

He’s hit just below above his hip as he crumbles to the ground, bouncing back up with a stab towards Blud.

Jacques twists out of the way of the stab and comes down at Ryko’s wrist with his pommel.

1 Like

Ryko stepped backwards, blocking the attack. He returned with a slash at Jacques.

Jacques backs away, then comes in with another stab.

1 Like

Ryko jumps back and spins his sword. “Come on, all you do is slash and stab, slash and stab.” He jumps up in the air and comes down with his sword. “Do something interesting!”

Jacques moves forwards to be underneath his body instead of his blade and holds his blade upwards, waiting for Ryko to impale himself. “I prefer effective to interesting.” Jacques says to him.

1 Like

Ryko, as he falls, deftly knocks the blade out of the way. He lands on the ground and stumbles.

Jacques follows up with another stab at the stumbling Ryko.

The blade pierced Ryko’s right arm. He grunted and switched hands, holding his sword in his left hand. He stood up and slashed, before stabbing at Jacques’ stomach.