Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Sarah points at the shape. “I think it’s a ship.” She tells him.

The Boatswain calls out,
“Ey, Bennet look for ya spyglass, see what company we have!”
A sailor stops what he was doing and goes to grab a spy glass to look at the object in the background.

He could see what might be recognizable as the Nikidian battle flag flying from the ship.

“It’s Nikidian, sir! Did we do something to upset them?”

Blud laughs,
“When haven’t we? Boatswain, go seas-ward, we’ll test their patience.”

Jen orders the ship to prepare for heading to the seas, and the Moonlit Knife turns and rides into the sea, the winds blowing north.

Lillan, on his small boat, looks at the Nikidian ship through his own spyglass. He frowned. “Oh, that’s one of the bad guys. I think.” he looked up to see the Moonlit Knife moving away.
“Oi!” He turned his own vessel and expertly maneuvered after them.

Ryko watched the enemy vessel from his spot on the deck. He fiddled with the black vial as he did so.

1 Like

Sarah looked down at him. “Enemies incomin’!” She yells down, readying her pistol.

1 Like

Blud roars,
“Get to the cannons, tonight we feast!”
Several crew members raise their swords and cheer. Others got to the cannons and prepped them for battle.

Moenir went and helped one of the crew members load a cannon.

Jen kept heading west, sea-ward before the captain gave them the call, to lower the sails to their fullest capacity, it was time to make full use of the ocean winds.

She gets out her pistol as the morning light gleams off of it.

Then she remembers the time, and the fog around them out on the sea. She cusses. “Gun won’ work!” She says. “Powder’s wet.” She grumbles as she puts it away and readies her daggers.

1 Like

Jen barked at the crew men to get ready for battle.

Blud walked to the side of the Moonlit Knife, the closest to Lillan’s (@meepinater) own vessel,
“Sailor, I want to to stay in our shadow, so the enemy cannot see you, so we can split course an take the Nikidian ship from both sides. If you do not wish to battle, then I suggest you go ahead to Gathens and flee this battle. Though know that I don’t work with cowards, who don’t take a stand.”

Moenir got a cannon ready.
“Ay!”
He calls at Sarah,
“We could use some help with these pipes. It’s easier to load more if we have more hands.”
He moved onto another cannon and prepped the black powder, while a crewman carried and dropped a cannonball into the cannon, a third pirate put plenty of wadding into the cannon. Moenir grabbed a plunger and pushed the projectile into position.

Sarah nods and runs over to help. “On it!”

Moenir chuckles,
“Be careful, cannons require teamwork. Powder first, then wadding, then ammunition, then wadding again, the lastly you use the plunger.”
He says pouring the amount of black power desired into a cannon.
There were eight cannons on each side of the ship, and now 4 were completely loaded.

Sarah follows along, trying her best to help. “Sorry, I’m better at hand t’hand.” She responds. “Hopefully it doesn’ come t’that though.”

1 Like

Moenir smiles,
"Don’t worry my friend, we all have activities we are better at.

She smiles. “Knives 'n fiddles.” She says. “'n that’s 'bout it.” She says as she helps load. “We 'bout ready?” She asks.

2 Likes

Moenir pushes down the final cannonball,
“Yes, that was last one. Now, all we’ll need is someone with a good sight, to keep eye on our enemy, and warn us who will be firing the cannons, and loading them where to put the iron. Any volunteers?”

2 Likes

Sarah looks around. “Uh, how far can those cannons fire?” She asks. “So I’d know when t’yell shoot.”

“Wait, till we are about 40 fathoms from the Nikidian Ship, their ship will most likely start firing at 50 fathoms, but that’s just a waste of iron, if they can’t aim, and they will most likely miss the Moonlit Knife. I’ve heard couple tales about this ship. It’s a fast one, able to use the winds against its foes. It’s certainly a fast one.”
Moenir says smiling.

A couple crew members chuckle. Blud comments, walking down the stairs,
“I wouldn’t believe the rumors, until you see us in action. MEN! don’t disappoint me, we have out goal now, let’s make this the faster vessel, don’t want to disappoint the young lad.”
A few chuckle and a couple of pirates laugh.
“AY AY CAPTAIN!”

Sarah looks at him, face indicating she had little clue what he was talking about. “Y’know what? How ‘bout you do it?” She says. “Ye seem t’know yer stuff.”

Moenir thinks about,
“No, I’ll be busy with the cannons. I need eyes. Do you know the ropes? the top wooden bar about two feet about the railing, call to us, once you see the Nikidian’s ship touch that wooden bar.”

Sarah nods. “Aye, I can do that. Probably.” She says as she starts to watch the ship draw closer.

1 Like