Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“Pure luck and you had no casualties, pretty good fer some money grubbers and their stowaway”

Blud laughs,
“A military vessel. One vessel, it would be more dangerous to face pirates then a single military vessel. My ship is equipped to face pirates, and I’ve met a few of them over the years.”

Jenkins chuckles,
“May I also say that we’re on a time limit captain, wouldn’t want a round two.”

“I’ve lost many men over the years. I vowed I shall never lose another, and I haven’t yet. It was no pure luck.”
Blud seemed more upset at this comment.

“Did ya not 'ear 'im say some o’the bodies in th’water were his crew?” She asks him.

“They had quite a few guns”

“This vessel has half the weapons than a ship of this size would normally have.”

“That they couldn’t use!” Sarah tells him, getting closer to try and intimidate him. “Their powder woulda got wet before they fired 'cuz o’th’fog!”

“You nudgin’’ over ta be so you can stab me?” asks Valentine, with a slightly shocked and hurt tone

She stops. “No, I’s tryin’ t’get my point across.” She says sternly, trying to contain her outbursts.

“Then how’s about you put those letter openers away before you poke out someones eye”

“Letter openers that can catch any blade you throw at me.” She responds, reluctantly putting one away.

“With these mitts!?” he exclaims before sticking up his claws and clacking them while chuckling like an idiot

“You mean those slabs of blunt metal?” She asks.

“They be plenty sharp”

“Then my blades can catch 'em.” She says.

“What if I just punch ya?”

“With metal like that weighin’ down yer arm, ya wouldn’t make it ta my face.” She tells him.

“…m-most people who wear armour can move quite freely. How much dya think this weighs?”

“More’n mail an’ gambison, an’ I rarely see a soldier wearin’ that.” She tells him.

“Plate is suprisin’ly mobile, I’ve seen a man do one of those cartwheel thingys wearin’ a full suit”

“Still seems like a bit too much hassle, t’me.” She says to him.