Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“Then I guess we’ll have to knock you out the old fashioned way.” He said, motioning to a doctor to put back the anesthetic. Another one goes and grabs a big stick.

Ryko backed into a corner.
“Um. What?” He fingered his pistols nervously.

“Don’t worry, it’s for your own safety. The less you move during surgery, the less likely we are to hit something bad.” He said.

Ryko might feel a very powerful hit to the back of his head. It wasn’t nearly enough to kill him, not by a long shot, but it would definitely knock him out. “Now, strap him down in case he wakes up.” He might hear if were fading in and out of consciousness. “We need to make sure he doesn’t accidentally die.”

Sarah heard what sounded like a loud thud coming from the ER. “Well that doesn’t sound good.” She says.

The medic patches up Jacques’ arm, and he rides back to the front of his troops, leading them to the main group.

1 Like

Ryko muttered, “Imma kill you…” as he slumped down to the ground, eyes rolling into the back of his head.

When he would come to, he’d see the doctors waiting nearby. “Finally awake, huh? Take it easy for a while, you don’t want to reopen the wound.” He would be told.

Sarah was in there as well. “Oy, I payed ya bill. Ya owe me.” She told him.

Ryko sat up.
“You bludgeoned me.” He grunted. He rubbed the back of his head.
“We could have come up with a solution.” He said, standing up.

“We needed to fix you up before it was too late.” He said. “Don’t worry, your bill was discounted because of the…unfortunate way we had to put you under, due to you not being able to take anesthetic. I apologize, but at least you’re still alive.”

“Wait. Ye did what?” Sarah asked. “What was wrong wi’ the drug thing?”

"Oops, " said Asher. Maybe he shouldn’t have done that. He ran down the stairs of the tower, through a hallway, and smacked into the group of soldiers heading towards him.

“Didnt ya hear me?” Ryko asked, frowning.
“They hit me with a stick.”
He walked out of the room, hand on his sword.
“Now I’m gonna go kill that snooty officer.”

One drew his sword, the other two watching for now. “Surrendier ou…” He turned to one of his companions. “Ce qui se ‘mourir’ en Marsadan?” He asks.

“Die” One answers.

He turns back to Asher. “Die. Surrendier ou die.”

Sarah follows. “Right, but ye not dead.” She says. “They made sure o’that. And di’nt ya hear them? If ya don’t take it easy, the hole in ye lung’ll open ri’ back up again!”

Ryko loaded his pistols as he walked.
“I’ll be fine.” He said. “Im just going to snipe him.”
He stopped for a moment, listening for the sounds of battle.
(@Runa)

Asher considered his options. Surrender would likely mean prison or death, and he couldn’t escape these troops forever. Then he had an idea.
“Quel? Pourquoi? Que s’est-il passé?” he said. Hopefully the Nikidians would fall for him playing dumb.

He’d hear them coming from the west.

Sarah sighs. “Fine.”

The soldier looks him dead in the eye, saying nothing, but a look on his face that conveyed a “are you serious?” look. He then readied his blade and stabbed at Asher.

Ryko smiled and walked west, until he found the battle. He looked around for Jacques, his pistols in hand.
@Runa

Asher wasn’t ready to block a stab. He managed to jump away, so it didn’t hit him anywhere fatal, but it still stabbed into the side of his stomach. He quickly unsheathed his dagger, trying to wave it in the soldiers’ direction, but he fell to his knees in pain. Clutching his wound, and using the wall for support, he tried to stand back up. He needed a plan, fast.

Ryko saw him and fired his pistols at the soldier standing over him. He reloaded his pistols.
“Leave him be!” He shouted.
@Wolf_Pack
@Runa

He might be hard to spot, as there was at least two or three other officers of the same rank riding horses on the field.

The other two soldiers would turn and draw their blades, coming after Sarah and Ryko. It seems neither shot hit.

The third soldier would stab again at Asher.

Sarah drew her daggers and readied for a fight.

Speaking of fight, it seemed that this battle was drawing to a close. The vastly outnumbered city guards were all being either killed or captured, so more soldiers were free to come after rebelling citizens. Things were not looking to be in Marsada’s favor.

After didn’t hear what was said by Ryko, as he was focused on coming up with a desperate plan. The gunshots shattered his thoughts, though, and not knowing who they were directed at, Asher immediately dropped to the ground, leaving the Nikidian to stab at empty air.

The soldier would slash downwards at him after the drop.

Ryko, having loaded his guns again, approached the soldiers.
“Leave. Him. Alone.” He growled, pointing the pistols at the soldiers.
@Runa
@Wolf_Pack