Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

She might hear a gunshot, and see a stray bullet whiz by her face.

Hans burst into Sean’s room, who had thankfully lifted his pen for a second. “Nikidia’s been stopped.” He says. “They’re held up in Meadowbrooke in a full-scale fight. They won’t be able to send anyone back for a while now. What should we do?” He asks.

Sean thinks for a second. “Hope that our support gets here soon.”

Louisa pauses for a moment, then darts for the nearest shelter she can see.

That would likely be the next building in front of her, whose door was slightly ajar.

She ducks towards the door, crouching on the threshold.

Hans looks down at the strange lady who just burst through Sean’s door, before recognizing her. “Oh, Louisa?” He says is shock. “What are you doing here?”

OOC: Dread it, run from it… destiny arrives all the same. :stuck_out_tongue:

IC: Lousia turns, and for a moment she’s almost tempted to run back out into the bullets. Then she stands, straightening her blouse.

“You see, there are a few, what do you Marsadians call them… muskeet balls outside. Messy, messy.” She steps fully inside, closing the door behind her.

1 Like

Kasie nodded. She rubbed her nose and turned away to hide her bittersweet tears.

Ryko seemed to find what he was looking for, as he plucked a small bag of… something… off of the shelf. He took it to the store owner.

“I can only imagine.” Sean says, looking at his broken window from a shot earlier. “Thankfully it’s slowing down though.”

Hans chuckles. “And you just so happened to find us. How lucky you must be.”

Louisa might see the paper on the desk in front of Sean, about half of it written on, including quite a few points scratched out or seemingly added in later in the margins, with a large title written at the top in Marsadan.

Sarah smiled, about to turn away…

…when she saw one of the sailors rushing towards her and Kasie. She draws one of her blades and comes in to try and counter him as he rushes closer to Kasie.

Kasie looked up, startled. In a flash, she had her longbow out and was pointing a long, deadly-looking arrow at the sailor, who might notice that the arrowhead had a sickly green tint to it.
“Back off.” She growled. “Or you’re going to have a pretty new decoration in your forehead.”

1 Like

Moenir translates for him, “πόσο γι 'αυτό”
He got a reply back from the shopkeep,
“ένα χρυσό.”
Moenir looks at Ryko,
“Do you have the money I gave you at my house?”

“Yeah.” Ryko reached into a pocket and held out the coins.

Moenir looks at them,
“It’s cost one of the gold ones, should have the emblem of a bear on it.”

1 Like

Ryko picked through the coins, finding the one he needed and handing it to the shopkeep.

His blade had been blocked by Sarah and caught in her swordbreaker, before she kicked him down, throwing his blade to the side out of her own. “We’d better run.” She says to Kasie, turning towards the nearest alley.

Kasie nodded, putting the bow and arrow back in their respective spots and drawing her shortsword, before following Sarah.

Louisa gingerly steps away from the broken window, not fancying the thought of catching another stray shot.

“Lucky me,” she mutters, looking around the room.

She ran down an alley and turns the corner, before pressing against the wall. She soon sees the man rush by down the main alleyway, and lets out a sigh soon after.

The room would have quite a few bookcases around, full of books, and his desk, littered with paper, quills, and inkpots.

The shopkeep nods and takes the coin. Moenir lets out a sigh,
“We better find the rest.”

Aina and Blud finished their quiet dance.
Blud heads to a separate room,
“I’m guess that room is still here?”
Aina nods,
“Same place, underneath the bed, why?”
Blud comments,
“With all our son’s friends we’re going to need it.”

Kasie grips her sword.
“I can nail him.” She said, running a finger along her bow.
“One shot. Won’t even know what hit him.”

Ryko nodded, pocketing the change and the small bag. “Righto.”

“But th’police sent when they see a dead body will.” Sarah says. “No offense, we’re try’n’ t’get these guys on our side, not end up’n their prison.”

1 Like