Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

This time, the blade came down on his leg. Asher cried out in pain. This time, he heard the words of Ryko. He couldn’t help but slightly grin at this sudden turn of events.

One soldier would rush in with his blade, coming in with a serpentine pattern of movement, while one rushed on towards Sarah, who stayed in a defensive stance with her daggers forwards.

The third soldier knelt down beside Asher. “Surrendier now.” He said. “Ou die.”

Ryko dodged and fired at the soldier by Asher, both pistols discharging.

1 Like

"Okay, okay, " he said. “I surrender.”

One hit him in the arm, and the other grazed by his cheek, neither of which stopped his approach. He’d come in with a stab.

Sarah was also stabbed at, and she would block with her dagger. However, due to the speed of the stab, she couldn’t lock the blade in swordbreaker on the first stab, and had to wait for another. In the meantime, she tried to slash at the man’s wrist with her other blade, but missed as he pulled away.

The officer nodded and sheathed his blade, picking up Asher by his arm, taking his weapons, and leading him to the newly set up encampment in the center of town.

The battle by now was basically won. While some fights continued in the streets and on the pathways, the army had basically captured most of the surviving guards and fighting civilians. As such, many more enclosed upon Sarah and Ryko, ready to take them away to the recently taken over prison.

Ryko sprinted at the man, pulling out his sword. He reached the officer and swung his sword.
“Get offa him!” He snarled. “He’s but a kid. Where’s your honor?”

He would be followed by the man who stabbed at him, who’s blade was now at the back of his neck. “Surrendier.” He said.

The Nikidian said nothing to him. It’s actually quite likely he didn’t understand what was just said to him."

More troops surrounded Ryko, Asher, and Sarah, to the point that they’d be killed almost immediately if they fought. Sarah sheathed her weapons and put her hands up, surrendering and being taken to the prison.

Ryko turned slowly.
“Surrendier.” He mocked, sheathing his sword. He dropped his pistols on the ground and held his hands up.
@Runa

He, just as the other two are, is lead to the prison, which is near the center of town, but built high enough to where the topmost cells overlook the harbor. He is placed in one of the uppermore floors, in a cell shared with Asher, right next to Sarah’s cell. His weapons and potions were confiscated and put in a container near the guards’ room, as were those of the other two.

“I need those!” Ryko complained. “Medicine!”
Indeed, some of the vials contained healing liquids of various sorts.
“And keep the sword safe.” He added. “It’s special to me.”

He would likely see it all placed carefully in its chest, like everyone else’s stuff, while they are on ground floor, before being led up to and put into their cells.

“Come on, guys. My medicine would keep me alive. What would the general say if your prisoner died of lack of proper medical care?”

Commander Jacques would enter the room after they were all locked in and peer at him through the bars. “He’d say zat it was not his problem. Personally, I would have just killed you outright, but common decency said zat we don’t kill you. We can let you die, but not kill you. Not after we already won.” He strides over to the center of the room. “Now, I will be ze one in charge of zis city until ze war iz over. None of you will be out by time zat day comes, but I zought I should let you know.” He says, looking mockingly at Ryko and sneering. “Now, I will take my leave. Au revoir.” He says, leaving.

Ryko rolled his eyes.
“Good luck with that.”
As Jacques left, he spat out a small vial into his hand. He looked at Asher and grinned.
“I’ll just save this for later.” Je slipped it into his pocket.

Ooc: let me know if that doesn’t work

The person stationed in the room to watch them doesn’t notice. He seems to still be relaxing after the battle.

“Hey.” Ryko might hear from the next cell over. “I think I can ge’ us outta here.” The voice says, recognizable as Sarah’s.

“Same here.” Ryko agrees.
He carefully cracks open the vial and spashes it on the bars of the cell. The acid would begin to corrode and degrade the bars, making them easy to bend.

The guard would see this. “Hey, what did you just do?” He asked.

While the guard was distracted, walking over towards Ryko’s cell, Sarah would take the opportunity and take a pin out of her hair, trying to pick the lock to her cell door.

“Umm…” Ryko stalls.
“This might disgust you, but I might have thrown up a bit. I told you, I need my medicine. Its very contagious.” He fake-gags. “Uh-oh.”

He would take a step back. “Well don’t get any on me.” He said, keeping an eye on Ryko, not fully believing him.

Sarah would open her cell door as quietly as she could and sneak over behind the guard. However, as she crept closer, the door made a creaking noise, and the guard whipped around to face her. “Uhhhh…” Sarah started, taking a step back.

Ryko took his chance and burst through the severely weakened bars. He reared back and punched at the guard’s face.