Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Blud looks at the sailor eyebrow raised, being Blud Beard the pirate, he was used to hearing different languages, so he knew Nikidian, but in this case he didn’t, so he repeated what he said earlier,
“Λυπάμαι που δεν μιλώ τη γλώσσα σου.”
He was glad that he himself was not immediately recognized, though if he was, he had a solution, it was called six loaded pistols, strapped to his chest. Sadly, his cutlass was still inside.

The Nikidian sighed again and shut the door, leaving to find someone who may be easier to ask.

“Hey, I’ve been tracking some—” Asher stopped, seeing Haful. “Him! I’ve been tracking him! He was near the wall acting suspicious, then he knocked out a bunch of guards.”

Blud smiles and walks to the others,
“They’re looking for us, it’s likely not going to be long till someone recognizes this pirate’s handsome face.”
He turns to Sarah,
“When is your meeting with the Big Name? that’s why you came here, yes?”

“The wall?” Louisa asks, her curiosity piqued. Was he trying to escape too?

“There lies my problem, I’m trying to get outside the wall. See, I’m traveling trader, and I’ve been stuck here too long. I’ve got a a wife and child I need to support, and I can’t do that staying here.”

“Tomorra, near sundown, if I recall.” Sarah told him.

“They got the place locked down tight after our friends got out to go to Gathens.” Hans told Haful. “I think the most likely way you’re gonna get out is if the guards, well, Nikidia in general, is kicked out of town.”

Sean nodded. “Exactly what we’re trying to do.” He adds. “That, and the rest our country.”

“Hrm… I might be able to help. I have skills as a chef. If I can get a job at the guard house, I can poison their food when I get the chance. Anything to get out of this blasted city.”

Sean considers it. “I mean…” He seems conflicted about it. “…Alright. Sounds like a good idea.”

“Nothing permanent mind you, Just a diarrhetic, that should keep them occupied for a few hours. I sell it to those who need it, but I’m willing to part with it.”

A look of relief crossed Sean’s eyes. “Alright then, sounds like a plan then.”

“I’m going to head back and get some sleep now, if you don’t mind. Can’t run a rebellion on with no energy.”

“it may take me a day or two to get in, but I have a small room rented, I’ll stay there for the time being.”

“Agreed.” Haful says with a chuckle.

1 Like

“Fair enough.” Sean said, pulling a half-written paper towards him. “I’d like to finish this, then that doesn’t sound like a bad idea for me either.”

Hans nodded. “Alright, I guess we got a plan then.”

1 Like

Blud nods,
“I’d like to make this trip as short as possible. I’ll go do a thing real quick, might as well bribe a few guards to withhold any information about us. The Nikidians are very unlikely to back off unless they are kicked out, and to be quite honest I don’t think Gathens will be able to do that on good terms. It’s also very likely that they’ll make an offer with us, some sort of deal that will benefit them in the long run.”

Moenir looks at Blud,
“You know a lot for a father that hasn’t been here for most or rather all my life.”

Blud scratches the back of his head,
“I was there when you were born, if that matters, though Aina had already decided the name. I was personally going to name you, Morgan.”

He interjects,
“I like Moenir, thank you.”
He stands looking at the ground, speaking in a low voice,
“Why aren’t the two of you mad at me?? I ran away from my home, became some mercenary so I could hunt my father and kill him, but both on you seem fine with it. How could you be fine? Why are you?”
Moenir lets out an exasperated sigh, picking up his things. He heads for the door,
“I need to go think for a bit.”
He closes the door behind him, walking away.

Sarah stays silent, not wanting to get into someone else’s familial problems.

"farewell.’ He says with a odd twist of a hand, a gesture of farewell in his homeland, “I shall notify you in person when I get the job.”

Aina looks at Blud,
“You should go.”

Blud looks at Aina,
“I guess he takes after me then. I was always so stubborn.”
He leaves the house, gently closing the door behind him.

Aina sighs. She looks at the other three and speaks,
“Well, I guess you three are going to be staying here for a bit. No freeloading allowed here. If you want a comfy bed, then you’ll need to work for it. I could use some strong hands to get the what bedding we have and prepare three extra beds. Also, if any of you have some fidgety hands you are welcome to come weave with me.”

Blud picks up his pace, looking for his son.

Asher turns and leaves, heading to his temporary home.

“I can help with th’beds.” Sarah said, heading off to do so.