Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Hans looks her in the eyes. “You saw her, and here you are, alive.” He said to her. “And…” He trails off and looks away, before looking back at her. “…And I’ll stay here by your side to make sure you stay that way. Maybe you can’t run. But you can fight. We can fight. Do we have a slim chance? Definitely. But it’s still a chance, and one worth taking, at that. If we’re going to die anyways, isn’t it worth it to try and go fighting?” He asks, standing up and offering his hand to help her up.

1 Like

Louisa stares at him, latching onto his words in a way she never had before. “Yes… yes. I can fight her, I can kill her. I have to.” She shakily stands, otherwise looking just as bad as before. “Even if it kills me.”

“It’s worth a shot, and it’s the best chance we have. We can work together on this.” He says. “We can help you. Come on, lets get you back to the house so you can calm your nerves a bit.”

She doesn’t seem to acknowledge his words, but turns and walks stiffly back in the direction she had came from.

Hans walks with her, stay by her side just in case she breaks down again.

Surprisingly enough, she manages to make it all the way back to the house in her condition… where she immediately collapses into the nearest chair, burying her face in her hands.

Sean looks as they walk in and was about to say something, before he saw her break down into the chair. He motions Hans over. “What’s up with her?” He asks.

“She saw the lady.” Hans whispers as he gets closer.

“Oh, that must have been a shock. Is she going to be alright?”

Hans looks over at her. “I hope so.” He finally responds.

Louisa leans back, staring at the ceiling. The numbness is starting to fade, leaving behind an overwhelming pressure on her shoulders. She sighs, squeezing her eyes shut.

Ryko sheaths his sword if he hadn’t done so already.
“I have some alchemy work to do, so I might stop it there.” He told Sarah. “Good job. It’s been a while since I’ve come across someone with as much talent as you do.”

Lillan sat on a crate outside of the house, quietly observing Sarah and Ryko.

Kasie flipped the coin Sarah had given her. She bowed her head and let a tear drip from her eye.
“Maybe she can help me… take care of me…” She thought to herself. “I’ve been rejected by everybody else, I don’t have anything else to lose.”

“Same t’you. Good luck with that.” Sarah responds.

1 Like

Ryko nodded and walked inside.
He sat down at the table and began to take out various ingredients and tools.

Sarah sits to start cleaning her blades.

Hans walked up to Louisa. “How are you feeling now?” He asks her.

Blud could be seen chasing Moenir around, while Moenir carried two good sized buckets around filled with water.

Sarah sighed as she watched. “Wonder what those two’re up’ta.” She mutters as she looks at the sun, not quite at it’s apex. “Still gotta while.” She mutters again, anxiously awaiting sunset.

1 Like

Blud trips Moenir while he was running states something about how a good swordsman needs to have a strong core and be nimble.

Moenir sighs and gets up walking towards Sarah, he was done training for the day.
“Do you think we should get ready for this? Or should we just wait for sunset to roll down? Might be a good idea for us to look our best, if possible.”

“Yer prolly right there.” She says, looking down at her outfit. While it wasn’t in too bad of shape, it was far from impressive, and even further from being dressy. “D’ya have any ideas?”

Moenir shrugs, “Dress might be a good idea. It’ll at least be fancier.”

He looks at his own attire, “I should probably get a suit for myself as well.”

Sarah grumbles, angry that he was right. “Alright, I should probably go find one t’buy then.” She said, standing up and stretching. “‘Least it’ll gimme somethin’ t’do.”

Moenir looks at her, “I’ll need one too… well I mean a suit… not a dress.”

He looks at the ground and rubs the back of his neck. “I think have enough to get a dress and some fancy clothes for myself.”