Customizing the TTV Message Boards - Tutorial

There were quite a few topics that were asking for ways to change/manipulate the way the TTV Message Boards look to better fit their preferences. Be it to change the boards back to their original appearance, or to make a new skin altogether.

Unfortunately I searched high and low for a solution to this issue, because it’s something I felt would be a good feature to include, and turned up no results. The developers of the Message Board software have expressed no interests in user-wide customization, and any potential for this feature would have to be developed ourselves.

So instead I found a work around for you guys to try that should do everything you want.

You can use a browser extension called “Stylish” to download some pre-made themes I made for you guys. With this extension you can switch back between the new board look, the classic boards, or anything you can imagine with the click of a button.

Download link: | [chrome][1] | [firefox][2] | [opera][3] | [safari][4] |

Link to premade themes: Ttvpodcast Themes & Skins | Userstyles.org

Keep in mind that you, the community, can develop your own themes and upload them here too so that there’s an expanded gallery of themes to choose from (provided you know a little CSS) :slight_smile:

Hope this is helpful, have fun!
[1]: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en
[2]: Stylish - Custom themes for any website – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)
[3]: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/stylish/
[4]: Stylish for Safari - Vladimir Sobolev

52 Likes

Thank you very much! Very helpful, I love it!

Stupid silk doesn’t have this…

2 Likes

I wish I could do this on mobile

3 Likes

I kind seem to get it working.
Oh well, I will always remember the edge.
And probably try again, periodically…
#MakeTheBoardsEdgyAgin.

6 Likes

It works for me! Yes! Praiseth the Lord of @IllustriousVar For the King has returned to thy sheep!

3 Likes

i cant finally make the boards purple thank you so much

15 Likes

This is really great. I’ve been working on developing the Slime Boards theme, but it’s proving to be a bit harder than I expected. :laughing:

8 Likes

Yeaaaah, it can be really tricky to work with sometimes. Welcome to my world whenever we want to make changes xD

12 Likes

I now feel your pain…

WHERE DO I FIND THIS STUPID COLORRRR

9 Likes

Var you should really check your notifications good gosh.

1 Like

One question that a peasant has: What is the “Notification little dots’” name?

1 Like

A good trick to finding out what something is on the CSS page is to (if you’re using chrome) right click on what you’re trying to change and then click “inspect” and it’ll show you what it’s called on the CSS page in the little “styles” tab at the bottom.

Those are all flags dude, most of which the mods have already taken care of :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

That’s a lot of flags…

Ah. Okay then.

But all those unread…

.unread-private-messages

and

.unread-notifications

6 Likes

Thank you very much (almost wrote “Var-y much”… :no_mouth:)

6 Likes