Cyber-Hand's Forge

hey how did you get the blue prints for this thing?

1 Like

I got the file for the MoUP on Cyber-hand’s etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/3DDesignAndPrinting?ref=l2-shopheader-name
I currently have the page bookmarked so it would be easier for me to get new files that he has posted on there

1 Like

Thank you kindly for the compliment. I am going to make a new more accurate model of a G2 head so the ill fit does not happen again.

Well no one else has said otherwise. I think that for a mask that is a mix of both G1 and G2 I did a good job mixing the asthetics of both.

They probably wanted to save money as well since the final mask could be a lot thinner than my one and the mask clip could attach without interfereing with the cheek vents.

Speaking of that I just finished a two new masks. One was a comission from @tak210 for a Custom Takanuva mask.

I will not be putting this one up for sale since it is for a personal character. I will soon be making what I think the Avohkii would have looked like in G2 though, Looking forward to making that.

The second is a little differant to my normal masks but I have been wanting to make it for a long time. Going to make it full scale.

New Mask

I will be putting this one online for purchase, Along with detailed instructions for how to put it together and get the best look.

10 Likes

Wow, few things Cyber-hand. Firstly is, brilliant job mah dude. I think the community is really happy to have you here. Second, is a quick question about your combined mask of time, have you been able to work on that? Just asking, take all the time you want on it. Finally, do you plan on adding a fit G2 mask clips to that Skull Kid mask? Because I’d love to put that onto a BIONICLE XD.

This makes me really happy, since I was hoping you’d make the Avohkii. I started working on a G2 Takanuva last week, but his old mask isn’t really working for me. Can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with.

And speaking of masks, I am currently working on making a G2 mask of life. Sorry mask of Ultimate Waffles, you will have to wait till after that is done. If you haven’t been on the topic for someone’s concept art of a minifigure version of tahu yet: Tahu Minifigure - Brickonicle Concept Art - #36 by Ragdoll I am currently working on making the needed pieces for that at the moment.

Hey @Cyber-Hand, what would you think of a topic on the message boards that was a discussion page where everyone can post pictures of their 3D models, prints, and talk about 3D printing?
( 3D Printing and Modeling)

Really digging that Majora’s Mask. Any updates on the MoUP though, in both scales?

Do you think by chance you could consider making a version of your G2 Avohkii with runes on it?

Thank you, @Cyber-Hand!

12 Likes

Is orange strong and flexible polished a good material for the Mask of Time?

1 Like

Cyber-Hand, would the references in the Art Book (bigger res available in the PDF) combined with the small preview from the leaked image of Umarak the Hunter be adequate to make a model of the Prototype Mask of Control, and if so how much would your commission price be to model it and put it on shapeways?

Also, how the MOUP coming along? I was wondering, are the little columns next to the mouth on the model the right scale for clip pieces like Skull Spider legs?

9 Likes

Make some duplo please

1 Like

When could we expect word or some sort of update on the Axato mask for the Bionicle Legacy Project?

1 Like

This mask is amazing

The strong and flexible polished is a great material, and if you look at it without paying much attention it’s almost like a completely smooth plastic.

@Cyber-Hand is it possible to get a Mask of Ultimate Power in black strong and flexible polished? I think it would look better than standard strong and flexible.

17 Likes

wow that looks so good, it looks like it could actually be real, from LEGO

3 Likes

So I meant to upload these back in February, but of course, life got in the way. So for anyone wondering what the Matte Gold finish from Shapeways looks like, here you go. I gotta say, although the price is a little steeper the material feels great in hand and the look to me is well worth the cost.

And here’s a comparison shot next to Lego’s warm gold. It’s very similar, just with the extra reflective gleam and an ever so slightly lighter tint. At certain angles though, it’s practically identical. I also find the texture is a little less rough than the unpolished plastic. As stated before, the metal masks are thicker due to the way they are made so if you buy one and try to put it on a G2 head it may get stuck. This material is best for pedestals and mask racks.

9 Likes

To those who ordered the MOUP in both Villager Scale and Titan Scale, how do they compare size-wise with the prototype mask on the original model? Which would is closer to the actual piece? Are either actually in scale with it to begin with, or are they just sized relative to The Journey to One?

Also, it seems that @Cyber-Hand has disappeared, any idea where he is?

4 Likes

The Titan scale was made to mimic the prototype mask, so that is the closest to the actual piece. The Villager scale was made explicitly to look better with smaller sized figures like Ekimu. Also, as a heads up, I’m pretty sure the Villager model still has yet to get the final update, so your masks might look slightly different when you receive them.

Hello everyone, It has been more than a month now that I have been having troubles with my internet. A cyclone hit and they recently restored it but still having downtime. I am pleased to say that I have been able to continuing my tests to make more stuff and because of that and the lack of internet for commissions I am running a little low on funds.
I will address everything I have missed first. [quote=“ThatchMac, post:768, topic:27337”]
your combined mask of time, have you been able to work on that? Just asking, take all the time you want on it. Finally, do you plan on adding a fit G2 mask clips to that Skull Kid mask? Because I’d love to put that onto a BIONICLE XD.
[/quote]
Sadly I have not. With the general consensus being you want the G1 Vahi fused on top of my G2 Vahi. I have not been able to find reference images to make an accurate model and do just that.

If anyone can take good images of the G1 Vahi and post them here I can get back on that and get it out. What I need to make it are a front image and a side image. Try and get it as straight and lined up as possible.

I am not sure that adding clips to Majora’s mask would work. Might turn out like that flat Vahi I posted a while ago.

Here is what i have done on that so far. I am very happy with how the bottom half looks but am not sure how to do the top half.Any advice is as all ways greatly appreciated.

Ah I did see this a little while ago. I love the design they have settled on and will be making the masks for those once I can get side views of the masks.

I very much like the idea of this board and have it tagged for new new message notifications now

Ixrollout and i have been missing each other on skype. We are trying to find a better way to keep in contact to get the final few tweaks done. After the titan scale is done i will move the changes to the villager scale.

Yes, yes I do. (View images above.)

No problem happy to help.

From what I have seen, yes it is a surprisingly good match.[quote=“Doomarak, post:775, topic:27337”]
would the references in the Art Book (bigger res available in the PDF) combined with the small preview from the leaked image of Umarak the Hunter be adequate to make a model of the Prototype Mask of Control, and if so how much would your commission price be to model it and put it on shapeways?

To those who ordered the MOUP in both Villager Scale and Titan Scale, how do they compare size-wise with the prototype mask on the original model? Which would is closer to the actual piece? Are either actually in scale with it to begin with, or are they just sized relative to The Journey to One?
[/quote]

My Commissions start at $40 (if you think this is too much keep in mind that i do spend about 6 hours minimum on a mask.) Also from what I can tell it would be cheaper to purchase a second Mask of control and use a file to cut the section out at the top and score some lines in.

The titan scale is accurate to the one used on the model in the promotional video. The villiger was made since the titan scale looked ridiculous on smaller sets

Sure what did you have in mind? :stuck_out_tongue: [quote=“Azani, post:777, topic:27337, full:true”]
When could we expect word or some sort of update on the Axato mask for the Bionicle Legacy Project?
[/quote]
If my internet holds up. Tomorrow.[quote=“Altair, post:778, topic:27337”]
This mask is amazing
The strong and flexible polished is a great material, and if you look at it without paying much attention it’s almost like a completely smooth plastic.

is it possible to get a Mask of Ultimate Power in black strong and flexible polished? I think it would look better than standard strong and flexible.
[/quote]

That must be one done with the new sanding process they are using. It gives a much nicer finish.

Unfortunately not but the material they use does soak up paint nicely so that should work if you get a white one.

That looks beautiful. I am defs going to using those images on the shape ways page.

Right, now onto what I have been up to the past few weeks.

I am ready to make full scale Kanohi Mirus. I am just waiting for Eljay to publish the Interview I did with him then I will be posting a listing on Etsy that will give a discount on the actual price as well as two bonuses.

I am also ready to start printing these.

But due to lack of money at the moment can’t afford the material for such a large project.

I have been working on cleaning up a G2 Vahi that I made at home and practicing making intricate objects smoother while retaining the sharp corners. Hobby knives have become my best friend in this task.

I have Been working on making things I can sell if I get a booth at a pop culture convention.
Starting with a bunch of half scale iron man helmets. This is the only one I have printed at the moment. it took 13 hours and 45 minutes to print. I have a listing for that on Etsy here. going to use the money to by the material needed for the other full scale masks.

I am also thinking about making More Iron man stuff including gauntlets and gloves.
If anyone else can think of anything I could make or you think would be popular let me know.

Hopefully I can be more active on the site again now my internet is more stable.

26 Likes

Glad to hear it, man. I understand that it may very well have fallen through, but it would be excellent to get some final word on it regardless. :stuck_out_tongue: