Cyber-Hand's Forge

If you do, you can review both and voice your opinion on the board. I could use the feed back.

7 Likes

How much are you selling it for?

I personally find Citadel Paints to work fine, formula p3 paints are also a fine choice

1 Like

The materials and the costs are on the shapeways site. The link is in the first post. The cost is generated by shapeways which charges for the amount of space the print uses.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never been on shapeways before, but from what I understand when I buy the model you print it and send it to me. How much does the shipping cost for Europe?

1 Like

The way it actually works is that I supply the model to them. You select the material you want my model to be printed in. They make it and then ship it to you. If you want to know how much it would cost, add the item to your trolly you donā€™t need to actually buy it yet. Then click your trolly, there is an option down the bottom for postage where you can select your country and it will give you an amount.
To purchase the mask myself it would cost me $15 for polished white. And another $20 to get it shipped to Australia. Shipiing stuff here sucks.

Also for anyone else that is interested here is mine and Tumbleweeds next to each other.

14 Likes

Yours definitely looks more accurate

3 Likes

Oh speaking of accuracy. The eyes of the model used in the contest video and JTO are very wide apart. so much so that they wonā€™t line up with the Eyes of the head. Should I leave them as they are now or should I align them with the eyes of the head?

2 Likes

Thanks!! Iā€™ll buy one (or maybe two) one I come back from holiday.

That matte black steel oneā€¦ :goo::yum:ā€¦ too bad it costs so much.

1 Like

Out of the four masks already sold. One of them was the black steel and another was the gold steel.

1 Like

@Cyber-Hand did I see that you were planning on making a v2 soon, if so could I recommend to to make the spikes at the sides of the mask a bit longer itā€™s the only thing I can see that could be improved
Apart from that itā€™s perfect, Iā€™m looking forward to getting one and using it on my JtO Makuta

2 Likes

Can anyone vouch for the strength of Frosted and how smooth it is? If Iā€™m getting one, Iā€™m going to do it right.

Dude, I hope whoever got the black steel one takes pictures of it, I bet itā€™ll look gorgeous IRL. Also, holy crap this is a spectacular model!! :heart_eyes::blush:

Edit:
Also, just a little thing, but looking at a pic I found on Tumblr, it appears as though the downward facing cheek spikes might protrude back a bit more than on your model:

I dunno if thatā€™s the case, though, as itā€™s hard to get good reference pics.

3 Likes

Is it possible the black steel and gold might be to heavy to stay on the head?

@Cyber-Hand
What updates did you add to the mask? I saw that youā€™ve updated the model today.

I just ordered it, so whatever the update was, I hope I was in time to get it.

For finishing processes, you guys can check how people post-process the smoothing in Shapeways WSF aka plastic material.

Some people use thin CA/super glue to bind the porous material, I want to say donā€™t use that on the connector part, not sure how itā€™ll affect the flexibility.

Others uses a white glue-water mix and give a few coats before painting, or you can go straight to painting. Just make sure you give the part a good cleanup to get rid of the dust or any loose particles.

This last one was what ToaTom, a mask modeler also on Shapeways, says he uses Citadel Liquid Green Stuff as a filler putty.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the most requested thing about the mask so I will see what I can do.

It could well be. I guess we will find out from the people that have already bought it, if they share images

.I made some of the walls a little thicker to help make it easier on the printing process and give a higher chance of success.

I will be updating the model again today to fix the cheek spikes and make the clip on part stronger.

2 Likes

Cyber-Hand, you da man. But when do you think you will be ā€œfinishedā€ with the mask. I want to know when I can order it.

2 Likes

I will probably continue to alter it base on what others have found about it.It would be nice to have Legoā€™s resources but updating based on feedback from those who have the mask is the best I can do sadly.